Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS' integrated retirement plan solutions, coupled with a unified outsourcing model, empower you to leverage 25+ years of the industry's best talent, tech and processes to transform your business, drive more growth, retain more customers and deliver a flexible and intuitive user experience.
What you will be doing
Ensure development is done right the first time and has an understanding of how products relate with other products and ensures interdependencies are in focus. Software Technology Architect - define and maintain architecture principles and standards for FIS application development based on FIS business requirements.
- Migration of a large suite of applications to a containerized MicroServices Java application.
- Implementation of CI-CD Devops pipeline to OpenShift.
- Help maintain and integrate multiple applications as needed.
- Collaborate with multiple other applications and stakeholders.
- Experience with Cloud migration would be ideal
- A background in handling large modernization efforts/transformations is essential
- Software Design Patterns
- Java - (Spring Boot, Micro services)
- Dev ops pipelines to OpenShift (preferred) or Kubernetes.
- Cloud certifications
- Financial Services/Retirement Services Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education desired.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:• In-depth knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles including waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development.• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A wide range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources, and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.