Senior Instructional Designer at Chewy
Chewy is looking for a Senior Instructional Designer to join our Customer Service Team based and this position can be fully remote, or work from your Texas or Florida locations. You will, however, be expected to commute into the office for quarterly events, meetings, and training sessions. The ideal candidate will be an individual contributor primarily responsible for designing highly impactful learning solutions. You will design and develop customer service training programs supporting new hire curriculum for Chewy Customer Service, including classroom, virtual and blended training solutions. You will also design and evaluate training programs and work products to drive the delivery of learning methodologies that enhance team member capabilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and develop blended training content and programs for new initiatives and technology supporting Customer Service team members in their roles
- Apply strong instructional design principles to create impactful training solutions to appeal to adult learning styles
- Consult with business units, project managers and end users to assess learning needs and partner with Training Managers to propose appropriate delivery methods for new and existing programs and content
- Ensure learning solutions are engaging and work in both a classroom and virtual setting
- Partner with key stakeholders to deliver customized learning solutions as appropriate
- Help ensure consistent learning methodologies are designed and scaled across our geographically dispersed workforce
- Production of best-in-class training materials, including print, video, e-learning, gamification, micro-learning, social, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices in Instructional Design and Development solutions, industry practices, and implementation solutions
- Evaluates and analyzes feedback and key metrics within a specific program or content areas to measure the effectiveness of deliverables in meeting business goals and makes recommendations for continuous improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Position may require travel
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of professional instructional design experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – Captivate, InDesign, Photoshop, Articulate 360
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proficient in Learning Management Systems administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Business, Education, Communications, or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work and communicate constructively with all levels of the organization (New Hires, HR, WFMS, Operations, Peers)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly proficient in time management, organization, planning and prioritization
- Proven initiative, positive attitude, team-oriented, self-motivated, and highly enthusiastic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain focus on key priorities and conflicting demands
- Advanced degree in Arts/Sciences (MA/MS) Human Resources, Training, or related field preferred.
- Certifications in leadership and executive coaching and facilitation of development programs (DDI preferred), leadership assessments, Change Management, strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in customer service and/or other high-volume service-oriented industry.
Why Chewy Customer Service?
It's not just about us. It is also about what you get. That's why in Chewy Customer Service, you are empowered to become your best.
- YOU BELONG: Chewy is a place where you can be your authentic self. Our pet parents and partners are from everywhere--different places and different walks of life. It is what makes them unique. Likewise, Chewtopians are empowered to bring their perspectives to deliver on our mission!
- YOU CAN GROW: Our culture is for those who thrive on delivering results and becoming your best – no matter your role or location.
- YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE: You are encouraged to be curious, ask questions, bring ideas forward, and act like an owner in everything that you do.
- YOU WILL GET SUPPORT: When you join Chewy Customer Service, you will have ongoing training and development, resources, and opportunities to become your best.
- YOU WILL GET REWARDED: Chewy has you covered when it comes to competitive wages, medical & dental insurance, 401k, and happy hour. Of course, the biggest perk is the ability to work together with other smart, driven, and passionate Chewtopians who are making an impact each day.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]