Senior HOA Coordinator at Roofstock (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:26 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, May 18, 2022
What we do and why we do it
As the leading marketplace for single-family rental homes, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 500+ Roofsters, our collaborative and can-do culture is what fuels our growth. We recently closed on our series E, raising nearly $400 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management) and Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform.
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech 50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance. In fact, our values are B.A.D.A.S.S.
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don’t be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what’s next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
The Senior HOA Coordinator will be directly responsible for HOA management on a portfolio of single-family rental homes. In this role, the Senior HOA Coordinator will be expected to lead a team to review and document new property HOA information, communicate with HOA companies, prepare periodic assessment payment requests, track and resolve violations, and assist with HOA related data requests. To accomplish these tasks, the Senior HOA Coordinator will be managing a team of HOA Coordinators working on HOA-related daily operations and reporting.
- Manage a team of HOA Coordinators and the associated operations of the team in a matrix-driven environment. Manage QA/QC of team reporting. Manage training and development of employees on assigned team.
- Establish and identify properties within an HOA via HOA object validation.
- Establish contact with HOA to confirm dues, frequency, mailing address and point of contact for each property.
- Track and maintain log of leasing restrictions.
- Conduct semi-annual audits of HOA assessments.
- Review all incoming correspondence to ensure timely payments and responses.
- Interact with Property Management, Construction and Reoccurring Services to resolve violations, architectural requests and compliance.
- Work directly with the Accounts Payable team on assessments. Read and reconcile account ledgers as needed.
- Research and apply state statutes for HOA violation negotiations.
- Provide input on improving operational efficiency within the HOA function.
- 3-5 years with HOA experience
- Atleast 2 years of supervisory or managerial experience
- CAM license perferred
- Basic knowledge and understanding of LOA , POA and PMAs (letter of authorization, power of attorney and property management agreements)
- Basic accounting knowledge to read and understand account statements and property ledgers
- Multitasking abilities as well as performing at high level of efficiency is important
- Ability to manage high call volume and understanding of lease process , and prior call center experience would also be a plus.
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
Flexible time off and sick days
Supplemental bonus to support "work from home" office needs
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
More Information on Roofstock
Roofstock operates in the Real Estate industry. The company is located in Oakland, CA and Dallas, TX. Roofstock was founded in 2015. It has 229 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 8 open jobs at Roofstock, click here.
Read Full Job Description