Caylent is a cloud native services company that helps organizations bring the best out of their people and technology using Amazon Web Services (AWS.) We provide a full-range of AWS services including: workload migrations & modernization, cloud native application development, DevOps, data engineering, security & compliance and everything in between.At Caylent, our people always come first.
We are a fully remote global company with employees in Canada, the United States and Latin America. We celebrate the culture of each of our team members and foster a community of technological curiosity. Come talk to us to learn more about what it means to be a Caylien!
This position requires an engaging, collaborative candidate with client-facing experience in managing engagements with technical outcomes. The Engagement Manager will work with engineering teams and customer stakeholders to ensure project goals and engagement expectations are met. (S)he must be empathetic, customer-centric, collaborative, consultative, and able to act as Scrum Master on engagements in order to deliver quality solutions to our customers in an agile way.
If you like the idea of thinking strategically to help clients succeed with cloud native solutions, apply now!
- Oversee all assigned engagements, including setting goals between clients and delivery teams, planning and execution of projects, conducting regular touch-points and coordinating account-related activities as needed
- Act as Scrum Master to manage and track sprint progress against overall project timeline
- Schedule and facilitate short Daily Stand-Up meetings with the delivery team to track progress
- Facilitate bi-weekly agile ceremonies including Sprint Planning, Sprint Demos and Sprint Retrospectives
- Collaborate with client Product Owners and Caylent Architects to author technical User Stories
- Review and approve weekly time submissions and monthly invoices
- Report on engagement scope and budget against Statements of Work (SOWs) weekly
- Proactively identify and resolve engagement issues and roadblocks
- Champion engagement experience through excellent communication and relationship building amongst our customer stakeholders and Caylent’s delivery, sales and leadership teams
- Experience leading projects in an Agile/Scrum environment using Agile tool sets (e.g. Jira)
- Managed technical engagements that consist of 4 or more people and over $500,000 budget
- At least 3 years of experience in a client-facing PM/Scrum type of role in the technical industry
- Ability to interact with clients at both a business and technical level
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks, manage engagements and ensure they are executed with excellence
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present to executives
- Familiarity with infrastructure modernization, application development and/or data engineering disciplines
- Ability to develop processes, templates and standards around engagement management best practices
- Extensive knowledge of project management disciplines, methodologies and tools
- Medical Insurance for you and eligible dependents
- 401k plan with company match up to 4% and immediate vesting
- Company stock option plan
- Company issued laptop
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Term Disability Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Equipment & Office Stipend
- Annual stipend for Learning and Development
- Unlimited Paid Time Off, following a 90-day probationary period
- 10 Paid Holidays
NOTE: We are unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Caylent is a place where everyone belongs. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our approach helps us to build a winning team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. So, regardless of how your diversity expresses itself, you can find a home here at Caylent.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]