Senior EDD Compliance Associate - APAC at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:35 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, May 17, 2022
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the Role
Kraken is expanding our rapidly growing compliance team comprised of talented and motivated individuals. We are looking for a capable compliance associate to join the team of motivated financial/technology professionals and work with our teams worldwide, and be part of the expert global compliance group.
Kraken is looking for experienced Senior EDD Compliance Associates in the APAC timezones; they should have the demonstrated ability to conduct customer risk assessments, monitoring of high-risk customers, help to ensure associates' work quality, and support management as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a strong background in international compliance standards as well as international know your customer (KYC) requirements, customer onboarding, and customer risk assessments. The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to communicate effectively between multiple teams in the organization. They should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and they are committed to the values of teamwork, integrity, and innovation.
- Represent the company as a professional AML/CTF compliance expert with all parties, internal and external
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) for KYC/EDD and provide support for Client Engagement teams on Compliance related issues
- Support the EDD team leads with quality assurance checks, training and mentorship of Client Engagement agents
- Manage various communication channels and provide timely responses to all stakeholders
- Consistently make appropriate decisions regarding potential watchlist matches with accurate documentation of analysis and escalation to appropriate parties when necessary
- Perform due diligence/enhanced due diligence on customers, partners, vendors as required
- Develop and maintain periodic reports for various business functions
- Communicate effectively to coordinate cross-functional projects
- Identify and develop workflow efficiencies
- Draft policies/procedure updates, as required
- Respond to customer complaints, correspondent banking partner requests, and 314(b) inquiries as required
- Based in APAC timezones
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years’ experience in a compliance role at a financial institution or equivalent
- Knowledge of international KYC requirements
- Extensive knowledge of AML high risk entity types and required documentation
- Familiar with international sanctions and/or various government watchlists
- The ability to act independently to analyze a customer’s risk; capably and effectively research compliance regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical/problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to balance competing priorities on a daily basis, take ownership of work product, and consistently deliver results
- Adaptability to global business needs, and ability to work in a rapidly changing regulatory environment
Nice to have:
- CAMS certification
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
More Information on Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Kraken Digital Asset Exchange was founded in 2011. It has 367 total employees. To see all 171 open jobs at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange, click here.
Read Full Job Description