Senior Dispatcher, Centralized Support at Carvana (Phoenix, AZ)
Senior Dispatcher, Centralized Support
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
About the team and position
As the Centralized Support Senior Dispatcher you will be responsible for being the first point of contact for the Dispatch Team supporting the day to day business operations.
The Centralized Support team uses sophisticated technology to monitor and support a nationwide network of Carvana employed auto haulers that work seamlessly from coast to coast delivering cars to customers in a timely manner. You will be responsible for all drivers and trucks that are moving across the network by providing breakdown management, performing driver wellness checks, monitoring departure times, ensuring DOT and Carvana compliance are met, and providing any support our vehicle transporters might need to deliver the vehicle quickly and safely. The qualifying candidate must love helping people and must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
The Centralized Support Senior Dispatcher role is based at Phoenix headquarters and will report to the Team Lead, Centralized Support. You’ll need to be flexible to work on any type of assigned shifts. Must have the ability to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage the day-to-day workload of 400+ tickets and inbound call monitoring of 1000's of Carvana employed Vehicle Transporters, field ops leaders and customer advocates.
- Monitoring all drivers on the road through wellness checks, traffic monitoring, weather monitoring, application compliance (Quintiq and KeepTruckin'), departure/arrival times to origin/destinations for 100s (soon to be 1000s!) of Carvana VTs on the road nationwide.
- Vehicle breakdown assistance by diagnosing equipment based on information received by the driver on the phone, troubleshooting onsite, and coordinating internal and external vendors to maintain delivery SLAs.
- Assist with expansion of duties and responsibilities to include 1000s market operations employees and fleet of 100s of single and double car haulers.
- Outreach to vendors to build relationships, negotiate costs and set up vendor accounts to avoid manual credit card payments.
- Manage credit card transactions and ensure invoices are properly stored and reconciled.
- Daily Call Monitoring and QA scoring with real time feedback as needed.
- Daily Jira QA scoring with real time feedback as needed.
- Assist with Tickets/inbound calls as needed to Maintain SLAs and KPIs.
- Go to for questions and escalations from Dispatchers.
- Assist with training new hires on SOPs and workflow.
- Help maintain and improve the Dispatch Reference guide that houses SOPs.
- Delivers on special projects as assigned to improve speed, cost and quality.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
What you should have
- 1+ year in leadership experience.
- 3+ years practical experience in dispatch, maintenance or logistics.
- Knowledge with DOT regulations and compliance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to effectively manage varying workload requirements; can shift gears comfortably, manage competing demands, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and oral.
- Ability to build relationships with peers, management, and external vendors.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Hourly Position with a competitive rate
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule
- Sees the ‘big picture’ with the ability to get it done (task oriented)
- High energy and the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills creating the ability to influence Operating units across the Carvana Network
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.