Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
You will join the product pricing strategy team responsible for product monetization and pricing strategy for all of Visa’s value-added products and services (VAS). It is a customer centric nimble team that strives to provide Visa a competitive edge and enable pricing to be leveraged as a strategic lever for growth.
VAS is a 5B+ revenue portfolio and has high growth aspirations to empower the next chapter of growth for Visa. The senior director will play a key role in accelerating this growth. He/she will act as a mentor to junior team members, supporting their project and analysis work and will report to the VP, Global Product Pricing Strategy.
In this role, you will work closely with global product, regional solution, commercial operations and sales teams to define monetization and pricing/packaging strategy for the current and future products and services. You must be comfortable with analyzing large amounts of product data, conducting quantitative and qualitative market and competitive research, and helping influence and shape product and business strategy.
- Build strong understanding of our products’ value proposition relative to competition and develop pricing and packaging using value-based pricing approach.
- Be market informed. Visa has a global footprint. Competition, market dynamics and commercial constructs varies by market. He/She is expected to develop understanding of the GTM model for the key markets and develop pricing derived from the local market understanding and competitive landscape.
- Build business cases for new monetization and packaging strategies and lead cross-functional effort to drive the initiatives to completion.
- Independently create executive ready presentations. Influence senior executives across multiple teams to gain alignment on recommendations.
- Continuously strive to simplify pricing constructs to simplify and accelerate sales motion.
- Define pricing KPIs and measure the effectiveness of pricing changes to enable continuous improvement
- Partner with sales operations team to execute on the pricing related updates.
- Prior experience in corporate strategy, management consulting, product strategy or Go-To-Market strategy. Pricing strategy and payment experience preferred but not required.
- Experience working in a global matrix organization with the ability to navigate complex structures and empower decision-making locally.
- Experience supporting a B2B selling environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both home and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office three days a week, Monday (Sunday in some countries where Sunday is the start of the week) and Wednesdays. Wednesdays are designated as in-office collaboration days. The third day in the office will be decided based on team needs and determined in partnership with senior leadership.
Position Location- Atlanta, GA or Austin, TX preferred, Foster City, CA, San Francisco, CAQualifications
12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD), or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
• 15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD), PhD with 9+ years of experience
• Experience leading cross-functional initiatives and facilitating collaboration across Product, Sales, Marketing, and Strategy organizations
• Pragmatic mindset with intense focus on execution against client needs, articulation of value proposition and concrete market facing focus
• Financial acumen—ability to utilize sophisticated financial analyses to evaluate business opportunities and make strategic choices
• Highly analytical and comfortable working with complex data sets. Prior experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau.
• Must be results-oriented, and able to handle multiple urgent tasks and effectively deal with ambiguity
• Very comfortable receiving and giving feedback in a constructive manner
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.