Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Merchant Solutions, within FIS, provides payment solutions to businesses of all sizes around the world, from small SMBs to the largest international companies. The SMB GTM team sits within the Merchant Solutions Strategy & GTM function. It has a global remit to drive Go-To-Market activities for the commercial teams in the US and UK. The team contributes to the strategic direction of the organisation, driving transformational change, creating new sales and training assets, helping build a partner pipeline and focusing on product growth.
What you will be doing
In this key role within the SMB GTM team, you will be working with senior stakeholders in the SMB Line of Business in the US and the UK, focusing primarily on how to grow through new sales strategies and execution. You will be reporting directly into the VP of the SMB GTM team. Specific responsibilities range from:
- Play a lead role in strategy development, defining objectives and aligning with the Line of Business stakeholders, owning program management, synthesizing findings and presenting back to the business
- Lead work to develop and define our plan to grow with sales strategies through partnerships as well as direct to merchants. This may involve identifying and shortlisting options to grow and driving execution of selected initiatives.
- Provide additional ad-hoc strategic support to the Line of Business/Group where agreed; examples of this might include working with partners for distribution or capability extension initiatives, driving performance improvement initiatives (i.e. sales performance) to enable strategic objectives etc.
- Use deep customer insight, vertical industry knowledge, and input from relevant stakeholders to drive a robust go-to-market strategy for highest priority verticals, in collaboration with relevant commercial, marketing, operations and product teams
- Analyze and understand the relevant partner & merchant ecosystem for the business and selected verticals: work with the sales teams to develop and maintain their strategy to enable commercial opportunities, add new where necessary, and sponsor change to keep propositions complete and up to date.
- Lead a team in both the US and UK who will work with local stakeholders to execute against the agreed plans.
What you bring:
- Substantial experience of Consulting, Commercial or Sales Strategy experience from a management consultancy or the industry
- Experience working in strategic projects with cross-functional teams for delivery of business initiatives
- Change management or transformation experience
- Advanced stakeholder management skills and ability to influence across multiple levels
- Experience and understanding of some of our merchant's businesses and sectors (e.g. retail, travel etc.)
- Strong people management skills that develop individuals and provide career development opportunities
- Role can be based in the US or UK
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience working in the payments sector, global preferred
- A payments industry expert with a track record in developing and managing products
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.