Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
We are looking for a Director to lead our IT organization. Opendoor is building a highly efficient and service-focused IT function divided among two key areas, Support and IT Engineering. The Director of IT will report to the CISO and have purview over all aspects of the IT organization across Opendoor. As the Senior IT leader within the company they will be responsible for setting vision, mentoring direct reports, designing a long term sustainable roadmap and acting as the voice of IT. This role is a leadership role; however within the Opendoor CISO organization leaders are expected to lead from the front. This means that not only is the Director responsible to be a great leader but also to be a technical expert in their area of focus.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Set the long -term technical direction and strategy of the IT Org and broader company.
- Champion superb customer service and technical excellence within IT.
- Hire, retain, and inspire skilled IT staff.
- Support, grow, and mentor IT Managers and organization.
- Be responsible for our IT Budget, SLAs and quality metrics.
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- Experience running a successful IT organization that includes both support and engineering functions
- Technical mastery in areas such as (but not limited to): MacOS, SaaS integration, and Cloud Computing
- Demonstrated track record of mentoring and growing leaders
- Persuasive written communication skills
- Experience with budgeting and vendor management
- Experience managing a remote team
- Bonus Points: Windows and/or Office 3650/Azure experience Software Engineering/coding experience, Banking, realty, and/or mortgage experience
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description