Senior Director – Global Client Testing LAC at Visa (Miami, FL)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
The Senior Director Leader – Global Enterprise Testing Services, Digital Delivery and Shared Services Support, leads a professional services organization responsible for supporting global testing operational support, and operational relationship for analyst globally, third party processors, non-traditional clients, state owned entities, and direct connect vendor support.
Recognized as the Visa authority for client testing tools, scripts and training for the Business Enhancements for all products and services. In addition to testing support, this leader will be responsible for a group of, implementation project managers, and technical support analyst. This team will support various products and services for Visa and Visa Debit processing. These products and service include the following, Visa Risk Manager, the Program Information Form and the Visa Digital Commerce Application.
This leader provides functional and technical leadership for all implementation support and testing operational activities for analyst, driving cross-functional delivery of systems and services to clients. Provides leadership to the Digital Delivery and Shared Services team located in Manila direct reports and global cross-functional staff and management to ensure effective resolution of processing and business issues with potential of significant financial implications. Builds a strong and cohesive team by providing leadership to individual contributors, Directors, and Managers, through coaching, setting strategic direction and applying working knowledge of Visa and Visa products, systems and procedures.
This position ensures that the CS country leads provides leadership and consulting related to their supported markets to internal stakeholder organizations including CS, Sales, Product, Systems, Risk and Legal. Establishes and fosters relationships with client and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management globally. Provides thought leadership and strategic guidance during the solution development process to ensure all necessary tools, processes, procedures and staff are in place to support digital delivery, shared services and clients testing activities, successfully. This leader’s organization provides client operational expertise, project execution and operational support of strategic regional, cross-regional and global Visa products and services.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Areas
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and management for a team of Directors, establishing a customer focused, performance-based culture
- Directs functional and cross-functional support resources located in Manila, San Mateo and Ashburn, to assure that all Product, Sales and Client projects are successfully executed, and that business goals are supported in a cost effective, timely manner, with a resulting high level of client satisfaction.
- Successfully translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans, aligning efforts of the Client Support organization with other key Visa stakeholders.
- Ensure the Global Client Testing management team receives support and consultation related to supporting Clients/markets to internal stakeholder organizations including CS, Sales, Product, Systems, Risk and Legal.
- Establish and fosters relationships with Client and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management.
- Support Client Sales in sales efforts, providing service standards as required for the implementation and support of market specific products and services.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement of performance, cost effectiveness & compliance in delivery of support services to Visa clients.
- Maintain current knowledge of technologies, products, services, methods and applications and implement new approaches and practices as required.
- Maintain and build rapport with Client Support teams across Visa Inc. (International and America geographies North America regions) to exchange, learn and leverage best practices.
- Drive creation and delivery of processing optimization models for Signature Clients and key markets to ensure maximized transaction processing.
Strategic Nature, Mgmt Accountability, & Scope
- Manages key component within Global CSS organization, directing activities of direct report and cross-functional business leaders and professional staff for all business lines of Client.
- Global Client testing support strategy involves multiple divisions within global and regional CS organizations and other Visa stakeholder groups, with negotiation of services levels between Visa groups and Clients/markets to meet formal and informal commitments.
- Cross-functional management/oversight for the team in Manila. Provides thought leadership for matrixed CS client facing functions to ensure alignment with Sales and Client/market needs.
- Leverages and influences the resources within each Client Support functional, staff through business leadership.
- Responsible for resource and budget forecasting to accomplish deliverables.
- Prime accountability for client satisfaction with client support and testing services and relationships globally, including Visa Inc strategic markets and Global Clients.
- Key contributor to insure that Global Client Support strategy is delivered for all Visa clients globally.
- Develops and executes operational support services deliverables in client and country account plans and strategies.
- Best practices adopted from other Visa entities and augmented by professional practices from other leading companies.
- Internal and external escalation point for critical operational decisions affecting cardholder and merchant acceptance.
Decision Making & Complexity
- High effect on Visa Inc revenue and expenses as related to Client, client satisfaction & retention, client processing effectiveness, new product & service roll out and changes.
- Specific implications (internal & client) if support strategy is incorrect, project execution is not successful, or business functions are inaccurate or inconsistent. Implications affect brand decisions, processing decisions and revenue/expense performance.
- Influences decision makers at staff, senior and executive management levels within Client and Visa organizations
- Decision’s impact external as well as internal stakeholders, as well as CCS organization due to resource, financial and client relationship implications.
- Problem solving opportunities vary widely in nature and scope, and generally present situations that have no precedence for resolution.
- Drives problem and communication management for any critical issue affecting Client, or Client issue affecting Visa. Due to size and diversity of clients, issues are complex and cross multiple parts of the Visa and Client organization. Significant cardholder and merchant service degradation can be experienced.
Financial & Organizational Scope
- Key senior business leadership function within Client Support with direct responsibility for a team of over 30 individuals located in United States and Manila.
- Performs new product/support impact assessments required to ensure overall effectiveness of the global client testing, digital delivery, shared services & support organization, creating or contributing to business cases as required.
- Role requires significant interaction and subject matter expertise in a number of broad areas with unique requirements across the globe (e.g. Market & Client business drivers, Product variations, BER support practices, Tools, Training etc.)
Key Relationships & Interactions
- Requires interaction with resources at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally with the client, ranging from individual contributor resources to senior executives.
- Solely responsible for project success, this resource must direct the contribution of individual contributor resources in a matrixes fashion to complete tasks and achieve objectives.
- Must be able to influence client decisions through a combination of negotiation and consultative input.
- Keeps internal Visa executives and client senior (CEO/CIO/VP/etc) executive management informed of project progress, and when required, must make decisions or influence these decision makers to make decisions regarding project direction that can have large financial and business impact.
- Working knowledge of Visa systems including authorization & clearing systems, client connectivity, Visa Settlement Service.
- Working knowledge of payments network and processing services – message routing, STIP, clearing and settlement.
- Working knowledge of Client business drivers for their operations and processing businesses.
- Transaction processing
- Demonstrated, detailed knowledge of the full breadth of systems, products and services offered by Visa
- Excellent knowledge of key technical specialties supported.
- Customer service
- Sales support
- Project management
- Strong oral and written communications
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Complex analytical analysis
- Proven track record of leading and driving teams to achieve and exceed established goals and objectives.
- Experience shaping and delivering professional services delivery strategy
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree, 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD), or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Functional experience in bankcard operations, preferably Visa, supporting highly complex clients and/or services
- Experience managing a team of technical and/or professional services professionals
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at senior and executive management levels.
- Leadership: Attract high-caliber individuals, develop teams and talent with diverse capabilities, accurately appraise the strengths and weaknesses of staff, provide constructive feedback, develops successors and talent pools.
- The ability to develop new ideas based on available information where little precedence exists.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to interact well and build strong working relationships with all levels of management.
- High level of self-motivation, initiative and drive, and ability to operate effectively as a team player across different business units.
- Subject Matter Expertise in multiple areas, gained through years of experience supporting clients and new product initiatives/existing product enhancements within a payment-processing environment.
- Ability to develop or modify existing methods or ideas to create new procedures, products, systems or services.
- Strong team player with ability to coordinate work activities and schedules with others to ensure Client commitments and overall objectives are met.
- Ability to view challenges strategically and keep pace with the demands of the business by anticipating problems and identifying opportunities, then proposing appropriate solutions, devising business cases and providing leadership to effectively implement change.
- Ability to translate complex customer business needs into opportunities for system and service solutions.
- Analytical, fact-based with the ability to synthesize and organize data/information, applying sound judgment in dealing with unknowns and/or data gaps, identifying and quantifying risks, identifying and assessing options particularly under difficult time constraints.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.