Senior Director, Fleet at Spreetail (Lincoln, NE)
| Lincoln, NE
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:35 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, September 22, 2022
Spreetail is an ecommerce growth partner focused on accelerating brands and channels to compete for tomorrow’s ecommerce customer. Learn how we are building one of the fastest-growing ecommerce companies in history: www.wearespreetail.com.
Spreetail is looking for a Senior Director of Fleet to lead our growing fleet network across North America. This leader will lead, build, and establish all aspects of our fleet to get to our goals in 'Next Day Shipping.' Bring your passion to build the next iteration of our fulfillment network!
How you will achieve success:
- Hire, train, and lead a national team with regional managers and support staff, ensuring uninterrupted operation of deliveries and growth of the network.
- Establish workforce planning; including everything from shift design to contingency plans to address unexpected events.
- Work with our leadership and software and technology team to build systems that both support and enhance operational performance. These systems would include everything from fleet management to labor planning.
- Establish KPIs that allow you to have a pulse on the business, identifying issues and trends before they become a problem so that we can build effective, scalable operations.
- Possess domain expertise in the fleet, with deep knowledge of the conditions of markets, and understand how to adapt based on those conditions.
What experiences will help you in this role:
- A history of developing strong, value-added relationships, earning trust with multiple stakeholder groups both internal and external.
- Excellent communications skills and a high bar for accuracy and detail.
- 5+ years of experience using data and metrics to drive improvements.
- 7+ years of experience in functional ownership of end-to-end delivery and communication of results to senior leadership.
- 7+ years of leadership including work prioritization, forecasting, budgeting, and task delegation.
In an effort to Make Spreetail Better, we hire people that are aligned with our values and are passionate about pursuing ecommerce excellence. We believe the right person can learn what is needed to succeed in their role, so we encourage job applicants to apply even if you don't meet all the qualifications listed. We are looking for diverse backgrounds and perspectives, so we don’t require college degrees and welcome non-linear career paths. If this role highlights your experience and gets you excited – please apply!
Not the role for you? Check out additional opportunities to join our team on our job board and sign up for our Talent Community Newsletter for exclusive insights into future openings.
What you can expect from us:
• The flexibility to take care of yourself. Spreetailers operate in a relationship and experience-driven work culture that promotes results and encourages taking time off when needed. Salaried team members enjoy untracked PTO and hourly team members earn 20 PTO days per year.
• We invest in your growth. Our in-house Talent Development team will fuel the impact you can make in your career through leadership development workshops and one-on-one coaching.
• We believe in celebrating your accomplishments. Each year is a new milestone with the opportunity to receive special gifts, Spreetail Swag Store credit, or donate to a nonprofit of your choice.
• We’ll take care of you and your family. Spreetail will cover 100% of health insurance premiums for you and 50% for your partner and dependents included on the plan, as well as support your growing family with paid time off.
• The opportunity to revolutionize your community. With two Volunteer Weeks and 24 hours of paid Community Time Off every year, we encourage team members to give back and make a social impact.
Learn more about our full benefits package including parental leave, domestic partner coverage, unit appreciation rights, and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Spreetail, we are relentless in our pursuit of equity and equality, we embrace cultural differences that raise our bar, we pursue the challenges within ourselves to make Spreetail better, and we humbly acknowledge our duty to build and foster an inclusive workplace where all may succeed.
Spreetail is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Information on Spreetail
Spreetail operates in the eCommerce industry. The company is located in Lincoln, NE, Omaha, NE, Greenwood, IN, Nanticoke, PA, Ellabell, GA, Austin, TX, Hutchins, TX, Las Vegas, NV and Fredrickson, WA. Spreetail was founded in 2006. It has 1550 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Volunteer in local community, Partners with Nonprofits, Friends outside of work, Eat lunch together, Team owned deliverables and Team based strategic planning. To see all 29 open jobs at Spreetail, click here.
Read Full Job Description