Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The Upwork Customer Experience team is a part of Upwork’s Product Management organization, and we are passionate about ensuring that every customer experience helps build trust and integrity in our platform. We use innovative tools to deliver insights based on customer and external data and leads to continuous product improvement.
As the Sr. Director, Customer 360 you'll sit at the center of defining Upwork’s strategic approach to identifying and delivering product insights. You will directly impact the Product roadmap and our shared understanding of customers and responsible for driving customer-centric insights and values.
This is an exciting opportunity to build and grow a crucial function within Upwork. Come help us change how the world works!Your Responsibilities:
- Data and Analytics - Develop key metrics and promote data sources such as the voice of customer, insights, analytics and customer journey mapping to fully understand our customers’ experience and represent it across the company. You will partner with stakeholders in Business Analytics to ensure reliability and availability of data from numerous sources.
- People Leadership - A major part of your role will be to hire, lead and develop a varied team, including managers, analysts and VoC leaders.
- Technology Assessment - You will assess technologies - both current and potential - to find innovative ways to aggregate data from multiple sources and provide consistent, meaningful, and valuable product and customer insights. You will act as a Customer Experience innovator to keep us aligned with/ahead of industry norms.
- Strategy, Thought Leadership and Vision - Design, measure and communicate our customer experience strategy. Ensure a consistently smooth experience for customers at each touchpoint, including with our Customer Success and Support teams.
- Voice of the Customer - In partnership with key partners in sales, support, product and design, develop and lead a compelling and impactful Voice of the Customer (VoC) feedback loop that results in continuous product improvements.
- 5+ years experience leading Customer Experience and Analytics teams.
- Progressive people management, with a proven track record of building and developing high-impact teams.
- Experience with cross-functional relationship building and partnership, and with establishing a customer-centric vision that is widely adopted.
- Outstanding communication skills: You are proficient in collaborating with peers, customers, executives, and tailoring your message accordingly.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.