We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry in supporting the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology by providing a platform of robust technology, tools, and data for game developers.
We are currently looking for a Senior Director of Corporate Strategy and Planning to help shape strategic direction by working directly with the Mythical leadership team to develop strategy, plans, and forecasts across multiple dimensions, including “where to play” (e.g., evaluating markets and industries), how to succeed (e.g., build, buy, or partner), and operating model (e.g., organizational structures).
The Senior Director of Corporate Strategy is responsible for working with Mythical’s executive team across businesses and locations, covering strategic planning, scenario modeling/forecasting, portfolio optimization decisions, and identifying and executing growth initiatives and margin expansion opportunities.
This person brings together a strategic mindset, external market insights, and core execution competencies to help Mythical make the best decisions and achieve short, medium, and long-term strategic and financial goals.
This position will report directly to our Chief Revenue Officer.
- Help lead efforts on growth strategy and planning to achieve Mythical's product and business strategy and long term vision vision
- Lead scenario modeling and forecasting efforts to translate strategic initiatives into actionable plans with and for the product and business teams
- Lead business operations by working with product and business teams to continue to optimize our strategies based on ever-changing risks and opportunities
- Help to develop and lead a “Greenlight” process by outlining the process and aligning leadership and directors for each project, defining specific milestones and gates
- Oversee the team responsible for Mythical’s strategic planning processes, including partnering with finance to help develop the Annual Operating Plan
- Be an oracle of the entire ecosystem in which we “play” or should be playing in by helping to define our unique value proposition and competitive advantages broadly and explicitly identifying areas of “whitespace” to focus our efforts
- Support/lead specific strategic and corporate initiatives, key supplier or partner negotiations by Providing analytical and data-backed support for strategic business development opportunities
- Regularly scan new opportunities, potential partners, acquisitions, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with a mix of strategy and operating roles
- Experience in a leading management consulting firm, system, or comparable analytics-heavy environment, with work within technology, e-commerce, and/or media companies strongly preferred
- Experience leading teams directly or cross-functionally, influencing senior leadership, and managing multiple projects with demanding deadlines, changing requirements, and limited resources
- BS/BA degree in economics, finance, business, mathematics, or engineering; MBA preferred - Superior analytical capabilities with a unique ability to extract insights from data and connect dots
- Demonstrated communication skills across all mediums and org levels to drive and influence impactful change in the organization
- Ability to think strategically about entire industries and markets to identify new sources of value and build the organizational momentum needed to seize breakout growth trajectories
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.