Sauce Labs is the leading provider of continuous testing solutions that deliver digital confidence. The Sauce Labs Continuous Testing Cloud delivers a 360-degree view of a customer's application experience, ensuring that web and mobile applications look, function, and perform exactly as they should on every browser, OS, and device, every single time. We’re already transforming the way companies approach testing at organizations like Walmart, Verizon Media, and Charles Schwab.
Our support engineers field questions and problems that arise. The issues that come to us are often complex and challenging to solve. Some of our engineers have Computer Science degrees, while others have gained their experience in boot camps and building apps on their own.
The role of a Senior Customer Support Engineer requires experience in the world of development, an interest in solving technical problems, and a strong drive to learn. In this role, you will be working with some of our most important customers, which will require great analytic skills, patience, and the ability to work under pressure. Mostly we work in a support ticketing system, but sometimes we do online meetings with customers. We value people who are responsible, good team players, and able to express themselves clearly in writing. For the right kind of person, it’s a rewarding and fun job.
- Manage critical situations that involve technically complex problems
- Own and troubleshoot problems that include but are not limited to: urgent high severity issues, long-running complex issues, and issues that have big customer impact
- Engage the right resources from the Sauce DevOps organization and synthesize the findings of multiple people across teams
- Provide timely written and verbal status updates to customers, internal stakeholders, and occasionally Sauce senior management
- Establish strong relationships with Product Management, DevOps, Support, Customer Success and Sales teams
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to lead internal cross-functional team through problem diagnosis and resolution
- A solid understanding of networks and network troubleshooting experience
- A solid understanding of TCP, HTTP, SSL, and DNS
- Familiar with basic network structure (Physical interfaces, VLANS, static routes)
- Familiar with network troubleshooting tools (traceroute, netstat, tcpdump, iptraf, etc.)
- Able to identify sources and points of termination for traffic
- An understanding of proxies and/or firewalls
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux systems administration
- Programming / scripting experience - Python, Node.js, Java, or any similar programming language
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly to diagnose problems
Please find a link to our amazing benefits and perks here
Security responsibilities at Sauce: At Sauce, we will commit to supporting the health and safety of employees and properties, partnering with internal stakeholders to learn and act on ever-evolving security protocols and procedures. You’ll be expected to fully comply with all policies and procedures related to security at the department and org wide level and exercise a ‘security first’ approach to how we design, build & run our products and services.
Sauce Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity/expression/status, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
#LI-remote #SauceNA #LI-CS2