Senior Corporate Engagement Specialist at F&G (Des Moines, IA)
The Sr. Corporate Engagement Specialist is responsible for facilitating and executing corporate events at F&G, at both on- and off-site locations. This individual will collaborate with members of corporate communications and business units in identifying the purpose and objectives of each event while maintaining a focus on driving engagement and value across the organization. The Sr. Corporate Engagement Specialist will create, coordinate and oversee events that deliver a meaningful and memorable experience for guests (F&G’s team members and leaders). The Sr. Corporate Engagement Specialist is also responsible for creating, identifying and maintaining a branded merchandise online store for team members.
- Responsible for facilitating and executing corporate events at F&G.
- Leads the logistics, facilitation and creation of corporate events for F&G.
- Collaborates with event hosts to identify the purpose, objectives and measurements for use in building the event and attracting a target group of internal participants by creating meaningful and memorable event experiences
- Identify and propose new ways to evolve F&G’s events to create the most positive attendee experience to drive measurable results.
- Develops and maintains trusting business relationships with event hosts and focuses on providing value.
- Responsible for synchronizing details across events and locations in order to leverage hospitality services such as menus, staffing and facility usage.
- Leads and manages the overall communication of event details and production of event related materials shared among event hosts, participants and leaders.
- Plans and executes offsite events including site selection, area research, rate and contract negotiation, activities and transportation arrangements dictated by event needs.
- Builds and maintains the online registration website for each event and manages the collection of attendee reservation data for reporting and communication.
- Coordinates post event action items, including overall budget management, post event communication and distribution of surveys.
- Supports event coordination and execution across F&G. Serves as host during events, when appropriate, including greeting and managing activities.
- Maintains alignment with corporate mission, vision, goals and core values.
- Manage the corporate online store inventory and the overall vendor relationship, introducing new items on a regular basis.
Experience and Education Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in corporate event planning or experience related to coordinating corporate events, meetings, and/or weddings.
- Experience managing multiple priorities simultaneously while maintaining high level of customer service and professionalism.
- Experience working with minimal supervision both independently and within a team environment.
- Flexible schedule which may include travel and working on weekends and evenings.
- Experience being accurate with a focus on attention to details.
- Experience being adaptable and resourceful in various situations.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
F&G believes in an employee-centric flexible environment, which is why we offer the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements. During the hiring process, you'll work with your leader to decide what works best for your role.
Join our employee-centric hybrid work environment: fglife.com/about/culture.html
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life’s unexpected events.
As an Iowa Top Workplace1 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while continuing to be a great place to work.
1Des Moines Register Top Workplaces 2018-2021.