Senior Consultant, Strategic Advisory (Remote) at CrowdStrike
About the Role
CrowdStrike’s Strategic Advisory Services team assists our customers with a wide array of proactive engagements to help enhance security programs, educate employees, and develop tailored cyber initiatives. The Senior Consultant role is one of the primary leaders of engagement delivery, with a strong focus on task-oriented activities, reporting, and managing a delivery team to ensure projects are performed on time and to our highest standards. Senior Consultants will also have the opportunity to contribute to thought leadership, methodology development, and other “back of office” tasks, as a secondary function of the role.
Remote role within a reasonable commuting distance to one of the following offices: Arlington, VA; Sunnyvale, CA; Irvine, CA; Austin, TX; Columbia, MD; St. Louis, MO; Seattle, WA; Kirkland, WA. Also, open to applicants in Canada.
Am I a Strategic Senior Consultant Candidate?
- Do you find yourself keeping up with the latest cyber breaches?
- Do you want to help companies protect themselves against malicious adversaries?
- Are you interested in learning your customer’s maturity and pain points to develop a plan to improve?
- Are you looking for opportunities to learn from the best in the business while developing your own skill set?
- Are you comfortable working independently as well as with a team?
- Are you ready to “do the work” while also being given opportunities to contribute to the broader business where possible?
- Are you self-motivated and looking for an opportunity to rapidly accelerate your skills?
- Do you crave new and innovative work that actually matters to your customer?
- Do you have strong communication and writing skills?
- Are you the smartest person on your current team? Would you prefer to engage peers who challenge you daily?
- Contribute to the delivery of large and complex strategic advisory service engagements, engaging with management-level individuals across a wide range of industry segments.
- Assess and develop cybersecurity and incident response programs in a proactive fashion to help mature the security posture of organizations prior to an incident.
- Develop cutting-edge scenarios to help customers exercise the full range of their response capabilities.
- Produce and ensure delivery of high-quality written and verbal reports, presentations, recommendations, and findings to customer management.
- Identify and address emerging trends in cybersecurity, drawing on both government and private sector perspectives.
- Contribute thought leadership and experiences to internal programs and teams.
Successful candidates will have at least 4-10 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- IT / Security Management Consulting: you’ve held leadership positions and owned relationships with organizational executives as a management or technical consultant. You’ve worked on a range of infosec and IT issues, including both technical cyber security (applying controls, improving architectures, etc.) and operational cyber security (organizational alignment, cyber policy review, etc.)
- Security Program Development: you’ve personally contributed to the development, management, and implementation of a security program, helping organization build, enhance, or recalibrate their plans for a successful future-leaning security program. This may include aspects of developing a SOC, CSIRT, Fusion Center, or several security initiatives that support a centralized security function.
- Security Analysis / Operations: you’ve held leadership or key delivery positions in organizations or on teams that focus on organizational security (such as SOCs, IR teams, etc.). You understand cybersecurity from a practitioner standpoint, and importantly, you also understand how to consolidate and communicate results to senior leaders.
- Business Strategy / Risk Analysis: you’ve helped businesses address a range of risks, including cyber risks, across their organization. You’re familiar with how organizational risk frameworks are developed, and you have experience helping organizations improve and apply their risk frameworks to address cyber risks.
- Cybersecurity Policy: you’ve been responsible for developing new policies or enhancing existing policies that inform how private or government organization performs and manages its various cyber security activities. You have played a key role in developing policies, plans, and/or playbooks focusing on cyber security activities, and have ideally been part of the process of transitioning these plans into practice within an organization.
- Public / Government Affairs: you have significant experience helping government organizations, or entities that work closely with governments, refine cyber security priorities and communicate clearly about these priorities. You are highly experienced in working across diverse sets of technical and non-technical stakeholders in an organization to develop defensible, actionable priorities and plans for improving cyber security.
Additionally, all candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, specifically in fast-paced professional environments.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of customers and team members.
- Capable of completing complex tasks involving strategic analysis and development, without supervision.
- Desire to grow and expand cyber aptitude, technical awareness, and soft skills.
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to complete tasks for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Consistent positive work environment and attitude.
- Ability to travel to engage with clients, up to 30% of the time, often on less than three weeks’ notice.
We are seeking candidates with the right combination of training and skills to join our team. Successful candidates coming from an academic background will likely have a BA or BS degree, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Information Security, Information Assurance, Management Information Security, Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Policy, Public Policy, Intelligence Studies, or a related field. Applicants without a degree, but with relevant military or work experience and/or training will be considered and should apply their previous experience to the qualification areas above.