Senior Computer Vision Engineer - Uber AI at Uber
About the Team
Uber AI is an integrated technology and research organization. The mission of Uber AI is to make AI and machine learning maximally impactful at Uber by pushing the frontiers of research, developing high quality scalable platforms, and collaborating on innovative applications. To further this mission, the group brings together AI-focused engineering, product, and research teams under a single umbrella to ensure cutting-edge AI innovation is rapidly transferred into company-wide platforms, accelerating Uber's positive impact on the world.
Our team at Uber AI is building Uber's computer vision platform to democratize the technology at Uber. The team is rapidly growing, and is responsible for developing state of the art computer vision and machine learning solutions to derive inferences from image/video data on our platform that directly drive efficiencies across the company.
What You'll Do:
- Develop innovative CV solutions for challenging business problems that are fundamental for Uber
- Partner with product teams to analyze key business problems
- Collaborate with data science and engineering teams to integrate and validate computer vision solutions end-to-end
- Deliver enduring value in terms of software and modeling artifacts
- Masters in EE, CS or related disciplines
- 5+ years of industry/academic experience
- Expertise with computer vision and/or machine learning, especially deep learning.
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch
- PhD in computer vision or machine learning
- Experience in applying machine learning & computer vision to resource constrained devices (such as mobile phones)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.