Senior Channel Health Manager at Credit Karma
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As part of the Channel Management team, this role will be responsible for maintaining and improving the durability of Credit Karma’s owned marketing channels (email, push notifications, in-app notifications). The ideal candidate will have at least 7+ years of experience with email and/or push notifications at scale (>50M sends per month) and/or in-app marketing notifications for a product with >20M users.What You’ll Do:
The core responsibilities of this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Strengthening the durability of owned marketing channels by identifying and driving projects to implement industry best practices (ie: technical email or push deliverability concepts)
- Defining operating guidelines for marketing teams that reinforce cross channel best practices and improve efficiency
- Partnering with data product managers and data science teams to systematically build channel health concepts and considerations into the machine-learning models that power our marketing campaigns
- Cross-vertical governance, ensuring that there is visibility and communication when there are major initiatives that impact other teams operating within the channel
- Visibility. This role sits at the intersection of product, data, marketing, and leadership. You will own high visibility initiatives and have a seat at the table when major channel decisions are made
- Influence. You are the subject matter expert for owned channels and multiple teams will rely on your guidance when developing channel strategies
- Impact. Owned channels enjoy high strategic value at Credit Karma and the initiatives you lead will help maximize current performance and secure long-term durability
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- 7+ years of experience in a performance marketing or performance marketing adjacent role
- 7+ years of experience managing or enabling world-class marketing campaigns that span across owned channels (email, push, in-app, SMS) and exceed business goals
- Hand-on experience implementing and managing email deliverability tactics and concepts at scale (BIMI, DMARC/DKIM, sender reputation, etc)
- Strong understanding of Push notifications and in-app notification best practices
- Proven ability to drive large initiatives from concept to implementation across a highly matrixed organization with multiple levels of stakeholders
- Quantified and logical critical thinking skills
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process. Moving forward, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to share proof of that status prior to their first day of onboarding. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Credit Karma may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)