Senior Business Operations Manager - Strategic Initiatives at Bungie (Remote)
Bungie is seeking a senior-level Business Operations Manager to drive program management for cross company initiatives between Bungie and Sony. Accountable to the Head of Strategic Integration (HOSI), the SBOM is responsible for both advising on and operationalizing elements of the SIE/Bungie governance structure as it relates to integration workstreams and acceleration initiatives.
This person establishes and manages Bungie/SIE operational frameworks and programs through developing structures, processes, and plans to ensure Bungie and Sony fulfill their mutual obligations. In doing so, the SBOM ensures that the organization is supported with best practices in program management and is also the primary driver of change management within Bungie for Strategic Integration. This role will be the central hub of gathering initiatives, goals, KPIs and reporting across discipline leads and directors, game directors, project leads, and department heads in support of delivering against HOSI key success measures for integration milestone. The SBOM mainly plans, collaborates, prioritizes and executes across Bungie, but may also be asked to participate in selected Sony and partner meetings and collaborative efforts to gain foundational knowledge and experience to build resiliency of the Strategic Integration team.
The SBOM will engage with studio leaders to create a Bungie support structure that feels good to internal stakeholders. The SBOM ensures that integration workstreams and prioritized acceleration efforts are woven into the understanding and rhythm of the business rituals currently in place. As the HOSI capabilities gets established, it's expected that the SBOM will help build the office of Strategic Integration functions and may manage a team.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and empathetic organizer of people and process who embodies a partnership mindset. If you have a passion for continuous improvement and are excited by the opportunity to orchestrate complex projects and critical initiatives, then we might have the role for you!
- Drive execution of strategic initiatives and projects for the Head of Strategic Integration
- Continuously improve the group’s velocity, cross-function collaboration, and transparency
- Foster the organizational culture of continuous learning and ongoing improvement, formal and informal knowledge-sharing practices in support of integration best practices.
- Actively challenge the status quo and apply appropriate change management strategies and plans to achieve transformational success.
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for integration between components of Bungie’s AOP priorities and programs to maximize impact
- Foster a strong and healthy relationship between Bungie and Sony
- Build the structures, processes, and plan documentation to deliver Bungie’s obligations to Sony as a publicly-traded company
- Work across Bungie to build the necessary infrastructure, process and governance for us to be successful
- Build confidence with executive, publishing, G&A, and game leadership at Bungie around proposed strategies
- Help shape Business Operations excellence at Bungie
- Reports to the Chief of Staff
- Supports Bungie’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and values a diversity of perspectives
- outstanding project management skills: building and maintaining work backlogs; tracking, scheduling, and driving projects to completion
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills. Ability to create and deliver executive presentations and studio-wide communications
- Demonstrable experience fostering teamwork and building high functioning teams
- Proven experience in rapidly learning new methods and processes and adapting them to critical business needs
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills. Ability to drive high-value meetings through challenging discussions and build clear action items and accountability
- Possessing a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Desire for continuous improvement in all aspects of the job
- Exceptional problem-solving skills. Proven ability to understand, simplify, and solve any problems in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Experience with agile/scrum development processes and tools
- Experience with game development, developing Games as a Service
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.