Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Business Continuity Management (BCM) programs are in place to aid our organization in its ability to rapidly adapt and respond to any sort of business disruption, be it natural, technical or pandemic, and safeguard people and assets, while maintaining continuous business operations. We’re seeking a Senior Manager of BCM.
This position is remote and will report to the Vice President of ERM. In this role you will work cross-functionally and serve as a subject matter authority tasked with the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company wide BCM framework and programmatic elements.
What You Will Do
- You will evolve and contribute to the BCM program, focusing on the following:
- Evolving, building and implementing a BCM framework, operating model and governance.
- Collaborating and building cross functional partnerships across the organization such as Corporate Security, Engineering/Information Technology, and Information Security, and other areas to develop, implement, and execute BCM programmatic areas
- Responsible for developing the strategy for the overall BCM program
- Developing and implementing policies, processes, procedures, training, and controls surrounding the program, such as business continuity plan development, and participation in table top exercises. Establishing, developing, and implementing monthly/ad-hoc reporting
- Facilitating, developing, analyzing and reporting on risk assessments, business impact analysis, business continuity plans, and coordination and execution of tabletop exercises Aiding in the development, implementation and oversight of programmatic elements within the GRC tool Ensuring vital partners are engaged
- Performs additional duties as the need arises
What We Look For
- This role requires a self starter with positive relationship management, the desire to get going quickly, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the resourcefulness to understand and operate successfully in an undefined, new function in the company.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
5+ years of professional work experience in Business Continuity Management and/or other relevant areas in a regulated environment, preferably in banking and financial services
- Use effective reasoning skills to evaluate risk of critical business areas and provide recovery strategy examples to mitigate risk.
- Strong business partnership and influencing skills to gain alignment on project requirements and acquire resources and information.
- Capable of communicating in terms of big picture, but working with close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Aptitude for understanding a variety of work processes and developing and documenting recovery strategies.
- Resourceful with ability to work independently
- Inquisitive and hardworking in proposing creative and effective solutions
- Passion for risk management and improving processes in order to make Affirm a more efficient and risk aware organization
Location - Remote U.S.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.