Senior BD Manager, Business Insurance at Bluevine (Salt Lake City, UT)
BlueVine provides small business owners with simple, powerful financial solutions to help them achieve their goals with confidence. With an intuitive online platform, BlueVine delivers always-on banking and funding products designed to meet the needs of today’s entrepreneurs.
Based in Redwood City, California, BlueVine has served more than 400,000 small businesses with access to more than $12 billion in financing and is backed by leading private and institutional investors, including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Menlo Ventures, 83North, Citi Ventures, ION Crossover Partners, SVB Capital, Nationwide Insurance, and M12 (Microsoft's Venture Arm).
If you want to make a positive impact on your community, while you elevate your career in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, join BlueVine today.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
BlueVine is looking for a product-oriented business development leader to scale our Business Insurance Marketplace which helps connect small business owners with the right coverage options as they grow. This role is ideally suited for an entrepreneurial operator who can make bold bets, validate their hypotheses with data, and rally investment in the biggest opportunities that drive impact. You know how to steer cross-functional teams and partner relationships to desired outcomes because you have done it before. You can build empathy with customers and translate that empathy into go to market approaches that convert. You are energized by using technology to shape the future of a major financial services category.
This is not a fully remote role. At BlueVine, we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture, which we believe is best maintained through in-person interactions and a vibrant office environment. All of our offices will reopen in accordance with local guidelines, and will follow a hybrid model.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive revenue growth for BlueVine by leading expansion of our Business Insurance marketplace which aims to help our small businesses customers discover and purchase the right Insurance offering for their needs through our network of Insurtech partners
- Understand and anticipate customer needs, and setup partner value propositions and UX that solve for those needs
- Develop high-impact GTM and Product Strategy working in close collaboration with cross-functional partners in Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, and Customer Support
- Define the long term roadmap for BlueVine’s Business Insurance Marketplace offering
- Identify key hypotheses that must be validated at each stage of the roadmap and design tests to quickly arrive at answers
- Manage day to day operations and long term goals with BlueVine’s insurance partners
- Structure partnership terms and manage ongoing negotiations
- Identify key trends in the insurance and insurtech industries and turn insights into action
- Help build BlueVine’s Growth team as an early member
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of total work experience including 2+ years building revenue generating technology partnerships at an insurtech company, carrier, or broker. Additional experience in Product Management, Management Consulting, M&A, or investing is strongly preferred
- Subject matter expertise in commercial insurance, with knowledge and conviction on ways to improve insurance products and buying experiences for small businesses
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams to successful outcomes, demonstrated by impact in previous roles; experience working with product, marketing, and support teams is a must
- Experience structuring deal terms and autonomously handling ongoing commercial discussions with partners
- Willingness to take calculated business risks, with examples of having done so in the past
- Affinity for data-driven decision making
- Strong executive presence and ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization
Benefits & Perks:
- Over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH stipend
- PTO, Company Holiday, and Flexible Holidays
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- Generous, paid parental leave covering up to 16 weeks
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- Access to financial coaches and education sessions
- Company-sponsored Mental Health Benefits, including 1:1 therapy
- Community-based volunteering opportunities
- Free commuter benefits - Caltrain passes for San Francisco employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen pantries
- Quarterly DoorDash credit
- Dog-friendly HQ
Read what candidates and employees have to say about us. Check out our Glassdoor Page.