Quality isn’t just a goal. It’s the whole point.
Our customers are under a lot of pressure to deliver great software. But to compress lifecycles, add features, and compete in a world where ‘every company is now a software company’ is hard. And one mistake can mean their reputation, even future. That’s why it’s our mission to help. At any part of their software development lifecycle (SDLC), we provide the tools and discipline to focus on quality while streamlining their processes. So our customers can create and deploy software that works as designed – especially when it’s needed most. And we’re looking for people to join us.
SmartBear is looking for a Principle Atlassian Administrator with a project management background that will lead and implement strategic roadmap of SmartBear project managements applications. An example of a JIRA project consists of implementing Jira Software, Jira Service Management and Confluence while integrating business applications like Salesforce Connector and Github. The expectation is that this role will lead with scoping and migrating during Mergers and Acquisitions.
• Optimize day to day operations driving scalability and maturity
• Develop and maintain policies, processes, and procedures to drive continuous improvement
• Analyze, review, and document current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement
• Lead project implementations, changes, and improvements to environment
• Research new technologies and keep with relevant trends to optimize and enhance SmartBear
• Recommend, implement, and support enterprise systems and/or tools
• Define and manage standards across systems and solutions
• Perform application and system administration tasks, including data backups and scheduled jobs
• Test new versions of the tools and plug-ins to ensure compatibility
• Improve Security. Define best practices for JIRA projects and Confluence spaces
• Work with JIRA filters, reporting, dashboards, workflows, fields, and JIRA administration
• Be Subject Expert and area of escalations for Atlassian Systems
• Communicate and share knowledge with internal and external contacts at all levels
• Perform basic Linux and Windows Server administration tasks
• Optimizing the performance of Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Confluence
• Conduct user-training and help sessions for new and existing custom features and implementations
• Manage system access and permissions configurations to ensure compliance and enforce best practices
• Support tasks such as maintenance, troubleshooting, performance tuning, evaluating new plug-ins and Jira upgrades
• Monitor Atlassian health status, and keep everyone informed of any outages or performance issues
• Clean up stale/unused workflows, issue types, projects, dashboards, etc.
• Configure, roll out, and maintain multiple Jira projects, workflows, schemes, project and portfolio settings, user groups, roles, and reports
• Implement Jira automation rules to support seamless process creation
• Create, manage, and support for leveraging Atlassian REST/automation for users to automate manual processes, implement business processes and extract data for reporting and analytics purposes
• Create Jira-based reports, dashboards and planning views based on different user requirements, and provide stakeholders with actionable project metrics and status reports
• Manage multiple responsibilities with tight deadlines.
• Analyze, plan, manage, and integrate with M&A
• Craft clear and concise documentation and knowledge base articles
• Support, automate, and provision systems and business applications
• Coordinate with teams to develop global solutions
• Assist in developing the overall performance and capability of internal teams through mentoring and knowledge sharing
• Collaborate with Global Service Desk to drive cross-functional issue resolution ensuring issues are identified, owned, and resolved
• Work closely with Security to plan, coordinate, and implement security measures and safeguards across all systems
• Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
• Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
• Directs Work – Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done
• Accountability – holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
• Manages Complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
• Financial Acumen – Interpreting and applying an understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions
• Experience with Atlassian Cloud Organizations
• Ability integrating M&A environments
• Experience in performing Atlassian installations, upgrades, and migrations
• Experience with Jira, Confluence, and Atlassian plug-ins
• Working knowledge of Python, Kubernetes, git, and AWS
• Integration experience on Jira and Confluence with plugins and development
• Experience managing workflows, schemes, etc.
• Familiarity with Windows & Unix/Linux administration
• Experience customizing and configuring Jira
• Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts
• Experience with administering and developing software team solutions on Atlassian tools especially JIRA, Confluence, and Slack
• Experience designing content management and data taxonomies
• Experience configuring JIRA modules and selecting useful add-ons
• Excellent understanding of JIRA workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screens schemes, etc.
• Familiarity with databases and SQL competence
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment
• Experience with installing and managing plugins for Jira and Confluence
• Experienced in Installing and configuring Atlassian tools in cloud (on premises and in Data center a plus)
• Experienced with Customization of for tools like JIRA, Confluence
• Experience creating custom workflows, fields, Conditions, validators, post-transitions and other project components in Jira
• Strong troubleshooting skills on tooling and server-side issues
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Slack Administration a plus
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.