Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
Cityblock delivers care where it works best for our members. In addition to our community-based teams, we've made our services even stronger for COVID-19 and beyond by adding a Community Rapid Response team and Virtual Care offerings, allowing our members to access care 24/7 via the phone, video, and text message.
As a part of the team, you'll go above and beyond to connect with members across all of our markets in a respectful and empathic manner to meet their needs and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
The Virtual Care Team Operations Senior Associate is responsible for managing, supporting and growing a team of Care Team Operations Associates and supporting the operations of care team members across Cityblock's markets. This person will support the Care Team Operations Associates in their daily work. This is a new role and a successful manager will help their direct reports prioritize, and work with the People and Management teams to quickly iterate on the expectations of the Virtual Care Team Operations Associate role while helping to onboard the team and help them feel grounded at Cityblock. The Virtual Care Team Operations Senior Associate is also responsible for supporting the operations of the Virtual Integrated Care team by collaborating closely with the Care Team Leads and the Virtual Care Operations Managers to become the go-to resource for all team needs. The Care Team Operations Senior Associate will define improved workflows to increase the efficiency of the Virtual Integrated Care Team.
On a daily basis you will:
- Be responsible for managing a team of Care Team Operations Associates and supporting the operations of the Virtual Integrated Care Team.
- Collaborate closely with Virtual Care Operations Managers, Care Team Leads and the Virtual Integrated Care Medical Director to ensure that needs of the Virtual Integrated Care team are met.
- Supervise, coach and guide Care Team Operations Associates to help strengthen their operational skills and prioritize the day to day tasks within the care team.
- Help the team prioritize the day to day tasks from within the care team. Teach Care Team Operations Associates how to seek resources, make phone calls, and generally support the care teams.
- Schedule appointments, complete appointment reminders, room members and arrive/no-show members in EPIC and Elation
- Complete medical records requests, DME requests, faxing of forms, etc
- Lead the data effort in support of the Care teams. This includes pulling and manipulating reports in support of the Operations Managers and the Care Team Leads.
- Proactively seek to improve Virtual Integrated Care team processes in a scalable way in partnership with the team.
Requirements for the Role:
- You are able to fiercely prioritize many incoming tasks and juggle multiple priorities.
- You can help see around corners, problem solve and approach work in a proactive way.
- You are detail oriented
- You enjoy creating repeatable, scalable processes.
- You are a clear communicator and strong collaborator.
How We Define Success:
During a 6-month term, you will be successful if you are able to:
- Standardize non-clinical operations, such as how we schedule appointments, DME, medical records and create scalable strategy for VIC for both CT and NY
- Ensure appointment scheduling, appointment reminders and virtual rooming are done efficiently and within a set SLA
- Reduce the number of hours that the care team spends on member transportation, DME and medical records.
- Consistently manage and support the Virtual Care Team Operations Associates
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.