Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork, and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Senior Associate IT Operations Specialist is a key member of the IT Operations team managing multiple systems and tools. Monitors Critical/Core systems and sounds the alarm when needed. Capable of training junior members of the team as well as acts as an escalation point. Has extensive knowledge of many key systems and tools and a full understanding of operational procedures. Works with other members of the IT Operations team to manage and support Critical/Core systems and applications. Authors operating procedures and is a point person for codifying processes in support of new applications/technology.
Primary shift will be Tuesday - Saturday from 11:00pm - 7:45am EST.
The preferred locations will be Riverwoods, IL, New Albany, OH, Houston, TX, or Phoenix, AZ. Remote work will be considered for a well-qualified candidate.
· Monitors Critical/Core systems delivering services to business units and customers. Performs maintenance tasks, user enrollment in systems, etc.
· Analyze events and take actions to mitigate incident impact immediately. When needed determine next level of support and engage via RRT calls. Direct participants in corrective action.
· Assists on Change Management tasks including validation steps and monitoring overall progress. Engages teams as requested. Communicates (verbal/written) to both internal and external entities information on system availability, performance, and impact.
· Sends alert communications within the CSMP guidelines to BT and Business management. Creates timelines post incident/change activities. Produces Ready for Business and End of Day reporting.
· Performs maintenance tasks, user enrollment in systems, etc.
· Provides guidance to Novice Specialists. Use SME knowledge in Incident Management policy and procedures.
· Participates in planning activities for future work such as change events. Authors and reviews SOP’s and system documentation, procedures as required.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
· High School Diploma or GED
· 4+ Years Experience IT Computer Operations, IT Customer Service or related
Bonus Points If You Have:
· Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related
· 6+ Years Experience IT Computer Operations, IT Customer Service or related
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.