Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
As a Senior Associate, Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) Specialist, you will play a critical role in creating a culture of best-in-class clinical documentation accuracy in support of building a model of care focused on quality and health outcomes. You will work closely with our Burden of Illness, Clinical, and Compliance teams to participate in our Clinical Documentation Integrity program and leverage your clinical, coding, and documentation expertise to foster improvements in the overall quality, completeness, and compliance of clinical documentation.
- The Senior Associate, Clinical Documentation Integrity (CDI) Specialist at Cityblock will be responsible for ensuring Cityblock Burden of Illness team members and providers meet coding rules, query compliance, and company compliance guidelines
- The Senior Associate, CDI specialist will also perform assessments of data to improve overall operations and identify opportunities for provider education and optimization
- You will work closely with the Quality team to ensure that Quality measures are also captured accurately
- You will serve as a subject matter expert on HCC documentation requirements and ICD-10-CM coding guidelines (Medicaid documentation requirements understanding is a plus)
- You will query providers to ensure that appropriate documentation appears in the medical record
- Develop and support strong professional relationships with medical providers across the organization
- Conduct ongoing education and training for providers on proper documentation and coding
- Assist the Manager, CDI with analysis, trending, and presentation of audit / review findings, outcomes, and issues
Requirements for the Role:
- You have 3+ years of CDI-specific experience (outpatient HCC knowledge required)
- You perform frequently without supervision and have the ability to drive projects and problem statements
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Health Information Management or other clinical degree preferred; however, an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility, may be substituted for the stated education and experience requirements
- CCS, CRC, CPC, CCDS, CDIP or similar certifications required
- Knowledge of medical terminology, physiology, pharmacology, and disease processes and related procedures
- Knowledge of risk adjustment (HCCs), guiding principles, and reimbursement methodology
- You flourish in fast-paced environments, work independently, and can identify your own opportunities for success
- You have great attention to detail, are data-driven, and is tech-savvy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and critical thinking skills
- Strong ability to effectively build relationships and collaborate with coworkers and clinicians
- It is expected that all certifications, licenses, etc. are renewed by the expiration date to remain compliant
How We Define Success:
- Seamless and comprehensive structure for concurrent and retrospective review, provider training, and performance reporting
- Start-to-end CDI workflows executed accurately and effectively across all markets
- Exceptionally strong rapport with providers, as indicated by:
- Providers attending education sessions because they find them valuable
- Providers connecting with CDI with questions and engage in CDI process
- CDI productivity in line with performance metrics set for CDI program (e.g., chart review rate, query rate, query response rate)
- Ability to provide meaningful insights into opportunities to improve and streamline existing CDI processes
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Professional, proficiency in 3M 360 IT reporting and data analysis
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.