At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The world of work is one of the most pressing issues that business leaders face today and, as the defining enterprise platform of the 21st century, ServiceNow is poised to be the platform of choice to tackle this critical imperative. But we will not do it without a robust partner ecosystem and that's exactly where this role comes into play. The Senior Alliance Manager, Microsoft will join our Alliances & Channel Ecosystem (ACE) team who is at the forefront of driving ServiceNow's growth to $15B and beyond.
The Senior Alliance Manager, Microsoft US Federal role is central to how we own and manage our strategic relationship with Microsoft in US Federal and will be accountable to develop a world-class joint GTM partnership with Microsoft across all Federal clients (Civ, DoD and Intel). The ideal candidate will possess expertise in the world of partnerships and cloud solutions and will have a practical understanding of working with the US Government and large Global System Integrators (GSI). They will have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about new business models, solution selling and technical challenges to help us build compelling value propositions for ServiceNow and our customers.
The successful candidate must also balance strategic-thinking with tactical execution; build effective and enduring partner relationships, drive highly cross-functional processes, possess a sound understanding of ServiceNow's technology, and have an appreciation of Microsoft's strengths within the Federal market.
What you get to do in this role:
Primary Focus:• Build a global, strategic multi-year join plan with Microsoft focused on co-sell & co-delivery with joint resources and other 3rd party alliance to accelerate NOW-Microsoft clients digital transformation journey in the US Federal market. • Enable & establish world class joint engagements in the US Federal market for joint NOW Microsoft offerings.• Drive Alliance operational rigor and business review governance with ServiceNow and Microsoft leaders.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Microsoft Alliance, this individual will align to and work closely with relevant ServiceNow US Federal sales teams and leadership to operationalize and regionalize the ServiceNow-Microsoft global multiyear plan.
The individual will be responsible for partner management, supporting joint selling, and providing regional governance to enable and accelerate growth against prescribed NNACV via Sourced & Influenced revenue targets for Microsoft Federal, as well as showcase wins.
In addition, the individual will work with key leaders at ServiceNow and at Microsoft through highly cross-functional '3 way' teams to influence, align and coordinate resources to deliver pipeline expansion and growth. The candidate should have a proven track record of driving strategic outcomes through an ecosystem including GSI implementation partners: influencing innovation through a strategic partner ecosystem, deal expertise, and/or business development experience. Further, the ability to articulate the direction of customer's desires to Microsoft and ServiceNow leadership for growth potential in the partnership will be critical.
This is a high-profile position providing a significant platform for professional business growth
- Ability to be customer-facing to provide 'white glove service' to ensure successful onboarding of customers to the Microsoft-ServiceNow IL5 platform as needed. Monitor activities to mitigate risk and ensure desired business outcomes are achieved
- Lead and grow our go-to-market partnership with Microsoft for US Federal by creating joint business plans including launch planning, enablement and co-marketing
- Lead the effective collaboration of "deal level" tactics between ServiceNow and Microsoft sales teams for both new and existing customer to drive revenue and pipe
- Be ServiceNow's advocate for Microsoft differentiated solutions and value
- Conduct day-to-day program management and QBR's with relevant internal and Microsoft stakeholders; play a 'quarterback' role to manage competing cross-functional priorities
- Work closely with the executive team and internal functional leaders to drive action and build world class execution capability for US Federal
- Build and maintain activity and performance reports, and dashboards
- Strong understanding of Microsoft vision, product suites (especially Azure and other cloud strategy) and Microsoft leadership structure and sales motions within the Federal market.
- Multi-year record of proactively & successfully co-selling and co-delivering with MFST in the US Federal vertical including established MFST regional sales and technical & services executive relationships for US Federal
- Strong executive presence & track record of consistent quota attainment over achievement.
- Develop & execute joint GTM strategy & multiyear global business plans, as well as ensuring development of compelling joint GTM value propositions
- Develop & execute joint GTM initiatives including milestone and process tracking metrics and associated rigor.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Ideal candidate will have 7+ years' of prior global alliances leadership experience (Microsoft joint GTM Alliance experience required) in enterprise software and/or cloud services (including enterprise SaaS) driving partner revenue & accelerated growth with & through a technology partner in collaboration with an enterprise sales force
- Ideally, candidate will have deep knowledge of US Federal customers, System Integrators and how to do business across the Federal ecosystem
- Must be a team player that is goal oriented and confident, with attitude and desire to build high performing teams. You must demonstrate an ability to get things done, manage multiple stakeholders both internally and externally, work in a true east/west operating model with both direct line and dotted line members, build consensus and resolve conflict in a highly collaborative manner.
- High level of communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Diligent at learning and communicating progress to achieve targeted business results, identifying obstacles and associated remediation plans.
- The successful candidate will be adaptable and flexible, able to work and thrive in a highly dynamic environment.
- Strong previous background in Partner Alliance Management.
- Strategic thinker, who is also execution oriented; ideally has experience driving cross functional programs or processes.
- Effective at building relationships (internally and with partners), collaborating, and influencing others; experience working with senior executives/ partners in cross-company projects.
- Strong communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfort in business and technical discussions
- US Government clearance preferred; willingness to undergo background checks for clearance required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; MBA preferred
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.