Senior Administrative Assistant at CNA
Under general supervision performs complex administrative support on day to day operational matters to support leaders of CNA's Specialty Claims area. Interacts and resolves issues which may be sensitive and confidential in nature. Collaborates with others acting as liaison between management and other business units.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Assists management in the coordination of organizational administration activities which may include but would not be limited to performance reviews cost center updates customer issues etc. and within scope of authority resolves problems and issues independently and proactively.
- Drafts prepares and distributes correspondence memos and other documents and reports which require the use of office technologies and software applications.
- Collaborates with internal and external contacts regarding business unit administration issues and concerns.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings conferences travel arrangements and maintains group or manager's business calendar.
- Acting with a sense of urgency prepares processes and may submit reports which may include timekeeping and other payroll/business operations processes; may train staff or management on timekeeping and other administrative processes.
- May lead mentor and train other staff.
- May establish and maintain official documents and records in appropriate files.
- May assist management in special projects.
- May attend meetings seminars etc. and records notes or provides information as needed.
- May back up other Administrative Assistants and may provide administrative assistance to other functional areas.
Reporting Relationship: Typically Supervisor or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including professional phone etiquette.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners and staff at all levels.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and other business related software systems.
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Overall general knowledge of the insurance industry and the business units.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 4+ years strong administrative experience.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience supporting a claims team as an Administrative Assistant a plus