Senior Administrative Assistant (Administrative Support Assistant III) - Risk Management at Capital One (Washington DC)
Senior Administrative Assistant (Administrative Support Assistant III) - Risk Management
C apital One is looking for an exceptionally bright, multitasking, and self-motivated experienced Administrative Support Assistant III to support 4 to 6 executives in a fast-paced tech-savvy environment. You will partner with multiple executives in Risk Management to handle administrative tasks freeing up their time to focus on department and company goals. A quick thinker, your flexibility and adaptability are key to constantly changing demands and priorities. You are resourceful and autonomous when taking on new tasks and projects relying on problem-solving skills to make it all work! As the gatekeeper and extension of your executive leaders, you will frequently find yourself in the center of everything that happens on the team. You are extremely pivotal to the success of a well-run, efficient, productive and happy team.
In this role, you are a jack of all trades! Administrative Assistants perform an array of administrative functions critical to running an organization efficiently. You will strategically manage your executives' complex schedules through prioritization and organization. You will handle travel arrangements, create expense reports, and disseminate information. Your communication will be personable while still getting your point across. As team ambassador, you are proficient in writing and proof-reading with impeccable grammar and composition.
- Managing daily calendars for multiple executives, demonstrating flexibility and problem-solving abilities to adjust or prioritize schedules based on last-minute changes
- Arrange and reserve conference rooms, catering, audio/video and other essential services as needed for meetings and conferences
- Coordinate travel arrangements and create expense reports in a timely manner using Capital One systems
- Drive key team activities and events (such as all-hands meeting, team meetings, conferences, ordering supplies and social events)
- Prepare professional business communication documents including memos, letters, and emails
- Build and maintain good business relationships with executives and administrative staff across the organizations
- Participation in general administrative duties (copying and faxing), distributing mail, ad-hoc projects, committees and/or group events
- Promote a fun and team-oriented work environment
At Capital One, you will find an environment that inspires a can-do-anything spirit with a multitude of supportive resources. Better still, you will find managers who encourage you to be your best in all areas of your life. If you are ready to create an administrative role that satisfies your professional goals while balancing your personal interests, then Capital One is eager to talk to you.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 2 years of Administrative experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) or Google Suite
- Associates Degree
- At least 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant or Administrative Assistant in a fast-paced environment
- At least 3+ years of calendar management supporting multiple executives
- At least 1+ year of meeting and event planning experience
- Experience setting up video conference and Zoom/Skype technology for meeting user
- Experience planning ahead and managing time effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent organizational skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).