Security Operations Manager at Flock Safety (Remote)
Eliminate Crime. Build Community.
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
How You Will Take Flight With Flock
- Assist the Director of Information Security in building Flock’s Security Operations team from the ground up
- Develop and perform day-to-day security operations tasks including monitoring, alerting, incident response
- Identify and fix security gaps and vulnerabilities
- Create training, processes, and documentation to promote internal security best practices
- Ensure internal tools are configured securely
- Deploy tools that enable the security team to perform at their best
- Proactively research the latest vulnerabilities and exploits
- Collaborate with our Product Security team to build and implement controls so that security incidents are less likely to happen
- Partner with our Sales team to represent Flock Safety’s security practices and policies to customers
- Aid in instilling a culture of security in our remote-first work environment
- Participate in an after-hours oncall rotation
- Perform special projects and tasks as assigned by the Director of Information Security.
- Have 5+ years of hands-on technical work experience in security at high growth technology companies
- Hands-on experience in the areas of Security Engineering, Security Operations, Incident Response, and Vulnerability Management.
- Experience in building and/or leading teams of technical individual contributors
- A strong foundation of security architecture, protocols, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures.
- Ability to communicate effectively utilizing critical thinking skills, the ability to learn new concepts, and problem-solving as they arise.
- Have proven experience in shaping technical security strategies for complex problems and executing against them
- Enjoy building productive relationships with other functional groups to promote a culture of security
- Bias towards operational excellence with a strong attention to detail
Why join the Flock?
When you join the Flock, you are joining a diverse team of passionate, ambitious, intelligent people that put team over self. We offer competitive salary (commensurate with experience), equity in the company, take what you need vacation policy, and the opportunity to grow your career at a fast-paced, high growth mission-driven startup. We genuinely care about the well-being of our employees both in and out of the office and understand the importance of work/life balance. We’d love for you to join us in the fight to eliminate crime, one community at a time.