Securities Operations Manager at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing
- Manage daily activities of Securities Operations team. Assist senior management with client servicing and maintaining and improving operational procedures.
- Manages the Securities processing environment to protect the production systems critical to the success of the business.
- Delivers an operations environment that meets all service level agreements and availability targets.
- Develops and recommends tactical and strategic plans for processing operations.
- Selects, trains, develops and leads an efficient and effective processing team.
- Identifies and recommends cost-saving and continuous improvement initiatives within the processing area.
- Ensures all backup and recovery and disaster recovery processes will meet or exceed business requirements.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, economics or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Coursework in investments/financial markets a plus.
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
- Broad understanding of the financial and strategic aspects of the business and participates in and/or establishes initiatives that contribute to the overall success of the enterprise
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Viewed as an expert resource by peers and coworkers, maintains a good working relationship with both internal and external customers
- Demonstrates the ability to lead by example and motivate professional level staff
- Displays strong leadership qualities, decision making abilities, and strong business judgment
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.