Securities Operations Manager at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, a global Fortune 500 Company, you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services, payments, and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate, and above all, fun.
About the team
The position of Securities Operations Manager within our Milwaukee Financial Reporting Team performs critical functions in supporting multiple Wealth Outsourcing clients on the TrustDesk Trust Accounting Platform. The clients serviced on Global Plus provide over $34 million in revenue to FIS.
What you will be doing
Manage daily activities for the Financial Reporting\\\\Statement Teams as well as Security Master\\\\Pricing Team supporting the TrustDesk Business. Assist senior management with client servicing and maintaining and improving operational processes and procedures.
- Deliver an operations environment that meets or exceeds all service level agreements.
- Develops and recommends tactical and strategic plans for processing improvements within the operations.
- Selects, trains, develops and leads an efficient, effective and engaged processing team.
- Assures that departmental staffing resources are well trained and cross-trained to provide maximum resource management and deployment.
- Develops, implements, documents and tracks departmental processing and accuracy standards.
- Maintains accurate and current departmental procedures.
- Implements department checklists and managing oversight processes adequate to assure that daily processing standards are being met or exceeded.
- Mentor staff to grow in their abilities by conducting routine department meetings, employee one on one's and on the spot coaching.
- Escalate any issues pertaining to departmental operations in a timely and effective manner.
- Effectively manage critical vendor relationships.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, economics or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Coursework in investments/financial markets a plus.
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear concise and professional manner.
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
- Broad understanding of the financial and strategic aspects of the business and participates in and/or establishes initiatives that contribute to the overall success of the enterprise.
- Viewed as an expert resource by peers and coworkers, maintains a good working relationship with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead by example and motivate professional level staff.
- Displays strong leadership qualities, decision making abilities, and strong business judgment.
- Possesses strong personnel management skills.
- Excellent decision making, problem solving, team building, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
What we offer you
• A multifaceted job with a high degree of autonomy and ability to make a tangible business impact
• A modern, global work environment with a dedicated and motivated team
• A variety of career development tools, resources, and opportunities
• The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
• A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.