Securities Operations Associate II at FIS (Richmond, VA)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The Securities Operations Associate will be focused on the Fed/State Withholding job and is responsible for reconciling and remitting withholding payments and filings associated with distributions from trust accounts to the IRS and State authorities.
What you will be doing:
Fed/State Withholding Specialist• Reconciles and remits withholding payments and filings associated with distributions from trust accounts to state authorities and to the IRS, according to specified frequency schedules.
Uses various system reports from Trust Desk and associated databases to balance IRA and pension withholding transactions with deposits made daily and periodically.• Monitors client control accountsand process daily money movements for exception clearance.• Prepares monthly management status reports for clients.• Performs year-end balancing and submission of 1099R files to States and Forms 945 to IRS.• Communicates withIRS and various States as necessary.• Assists other team members in the completion of their responsibilities and assists with any other related duties and research projects as needed.• Works closely with members of the Payments and Client Service teams.• Reviews operational controls and procedures for adequacy and compliance.
High school diploma or GED. Associate's or Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience preferable.
What you bring:
• Proficient in the use of basic office equipment and tools as well as applications specific to trust systems/processes• Requires strong problem-solving, analytical, time management, organizational and data entry skills• Requires attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and adjust schedules to meet deadlines• Ability to work in an organized manner• Ability to maintain confidentiality• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing• Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back to your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- FIS will pay off participants' principal student loan balance over 10 years of service. Eligibility starts after one year of tenure in the program for US participants
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.