Salesforce - Service Practice Director
What we are about
Synaptic Advisors is a Salesforce implementation partner focused on transforming customer operations. Our team, tools, methods, and offerings are all built and proven to ensure we deliver on our promises and rise to meet our customers' expectations. Our team consists of certified experts with experience across the Salesforce Customer Success Platform and multiple industries. Our leadership team is comprised of industry experts and high risers, and we grew our business by 40% in 2021. Our customers include many of the Fortune 500 who love our personal approach to business and sound program execution.
Synaptic is also the premier partner for one of the fastest growing ISVs in the Salesforce ecosystem. Youreka, our sister company, is a leading Salesforce ISV partner specializing in the development and deployment of secure, cloud-based enterprise applications on the Salesforce platform.
Since 2008, we have helped businesses solve critical operational challenges and accelerate growth across a variety of complex verticals, including Health & Life Science, Oil & Gas/Energy, Consumer Goods & Retail and Manufacturing. Our mission is to help our customers get the most out of their Salesforce investment with world-class professional services and applications. We are committed to growing and developing our Salesforce talent, offering continued growth opportunities, and exposing our people to interesting and diverse projects. Join us!
What you will do
You will lead the growth and success of our Service capability practice. The leader will have deep expertise and experience navigating the sales and implementation process associated with Service and Field Service Management engagements. The leader will provide the thought leadership, best practices for sales and delivery, and set the strategic direction this practice. The leader will be accountable for supporting the overall quality execution of business and technology consulting across all global Service engagements.
- Drive overall growth of practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, oversight of delivery work, and thought leadership.
- Manages forecasting for the practice based on collaboration with sales to determine appropriate growth targets and ensures success in attainment of these forecasts.
- Maximize team performance through an effective team approach that increases productivity and job satisfaction.
- Manage engagement risk related to Service, project economics including planning and budgeting, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
- Carry a personal utilization target leveraging expertise as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and executive leadership on engagements.
- Responsible for the profitability of the Service practice, with revenue target expectations of $10+ million for the practice.
- Identify, create, and execute the development of the most appropriate Salesforce offerings related to field service management, contact centers, service and support across industries that drive revenue and pipeline growth.
- Oversees alignment of their practice resources to projects based on appropriate skills and availability, while being responsible for the overall utilization numbers of their team.
- Provides oversight and governance of all sold and managed Service projects through practice leadership and establishment of best practices.
- Builds and develops relationships with Salesforce executives and field sales teams and owns account planning as well as key pursuits.
- Develops and supports the development of case studies and training enablement planning and materials; provides guidance for Salesforce Practice.
- Oversees quality assurance of project delivery where the team is engaged.
- Manages the appropriate scale and hiring of the team to meet market needs and practice needs as a People Leader and Practice Leader.
- Collaborates with Alliance team to achieve expert status for their capability as well as tracking and ensuring appropriate ACV allocation.
- Supports recruiting and onboarding of new employees for the practice.
Requirements for the position
To be successful in this role, you MUST have all the following:
- 10+ years’ experience in a large consulting environment
- Deep technical understanding of the Salesforce Service Cloud products with demonstrated leadership in both sales and delivery
- Active Salesforce certifications or ability to achieve relevant certifications upon hire
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and Waterfall methodologies
- Expert at project delivery, including all aspects of program management
- Expert business development skills as well as managing relationships with both clients and internal stakeholders
- Expert communication skills (verbal and written)
- Capability/team leadership experience
- Expert in consulting business operations (e.g., invoicing, SOWs, margins, utilization)
- Skilled at managing multiple clients at the same time
- Excellent mentoring and leadership skills
Our team fully accommodates remote work so there are no specific location requirements for this role. However, either being in or able to travel to the primary Salesforce hub locations (as needed) of San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, and Dallas is critical.
- An amazing team focused on doing #Whateverittakes to help our clients and teammates be successful.
- A calling to innovate and improve every day.
- A competitive benefits and compensation package.
- Room for rapid growth and an emphasis on talent development.
- A fun, casual team environment with co-workers who will make you feel like you are an important part of our team, engage you in developing innovative solutions to challenging problems, and help you leverage your strengths to make all of us better!
- A great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, AD&D and Life Insurance coverage, employer paid short term disability coverage, wellness initiatives, and more!
- Competitive Paid Time Off (PTO) package that includes time in service increases, Volunteer Time Off (VTO), Holidays, and flexible work schedule.
Synaptic does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms, and conditions of employment, or practices based on race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law.