Sales Operations acts as an extension of sales leadership. As part of Okta’s Business Operations team, we protect the investment in Okta’s rapidly growing Sales organization by ensuring Sales has the insight, tools, and processes to run effectively and efficiently. This specific role is part of our Field Operations team which is responsible for driving growth and efficiency in the AMER Enterprise sales teams.
As a Manager of AMER Enterprise Sales Strategy and Operations, you’ll partner closely with sales managers to put structures in place that help the organization grow headcount and revenue. You’ll work closely with Field Leadership to provide actionable insights and recommendations to accelerate Okta’s growth. You’ll also collaborate with other BizOps colleagues to influence decisions and implement your solutions including Sales Planning & Analytics, Sales Enablement, and Business Technology.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own annual planning and execution for your business unit in partnership with sales leadership including:
- Headcount planning
- Quota allocation
- Territory design
- Integrated planning with regional demand generation teams (marketing and sales development), alliances, customer success, and renewals organizations.
- Perform analyses to uncover areas of revenue opportunity, measure potential growth, work cross functionally to develop sales programs, and develop tracking mechanisms (ideally in SFDC) to track execution.
- Develop formal reporting packages for sales effectiveness and productivity. Conduct metric reviews with sales management.
- Report on and support pipeline processes, including pipeline generation, bookings forecasting, and churn forecasting.
- Understand sales processes to refine and improve sales tools. Develop onboarding and regular training sessions in partnership with Sales Enablement.
- Document essential processes and rules of engagement; help enforce those processes with the sales organization.
- Optimize the sales rep, manager, and sales ops experience in Salesforce.
- Develop a deep understanding of how sales data is captured and how it ties to underlying business processes.
- Work cross-functionally with peers in GTM Strategy & Operations to incorporate their insight and align on key business themes.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5-7+ years of sales operations experience working closely with Enterprise or Strategic Account sales leaders in a SaaS business.
- Exceptional quantitative and MS Excel skills (i.e. sumifs, index/match and vlookup, table formulas, pivot tables).
- Comfort with tools that create and house our data:
- Salesforce (mastery required): complex dashboards & reports, custom report types, calculated fields, and an understanding of workflows.
- Salesforce CPQ, Zuora, or other CPQ/Q2C tools.
- Sales productivity tools (Clari, People.ai, Outreach.io).
- Anaplan or other business planning software.
- Tableau or other analysis / business intelligence tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can hold a meeting with directors and VPs.
- Deep experience modeling complex problems, both conceptually and tactically (spreadsheets, analysis tools, visualization).
- Healthy skepticism and curiosity - seeks field feedback with an open mind and strives for deeper understanding through data.
- The desire and capacity to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Self starter that seeks solutions without being told. Delivers high quality, accurate work on time.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.