RP Production Assistant at LAIKA, LLC (Portland, OR)
The RP Production Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and production assistance to the RP Department working under the RP Production Manager and Assistant RP Production Manager.
- Help maintain department calendars and attendance records. Schedule appointments and department meetings, as needed.
- Help maintain RP department crew list, contact info, and seating charts
- Create and complete accounting paperwork (i.e. P.O’s expense reports, etc.)
- Assist in monitoring projects to ensure that time and resource commitments are as scheduled (help keep artists on track with priorities)
- Coordinate daily with Department Head, Production Manager, Assistant Production Manager, Coordinators, and other PAs to prioritize tasks and provide follow up and reminders on action items.
- Communicate with Stages and other departments to facilitate delivery of assets and other production needs
- Take notes in meetings and send notes out to appropriate people
- Help facilitate any IT or Facilities requests made by team
- Work with facilities to resolve safety and ergonomic needs, and to schedule proper disposal of sensitive RP materials
- Communicate with Production Technology for Shotgun and pipeline needs
- 0 - 2 years of work experience, prior Stop Motion animation, production or miniature fabrication experience, a plus.
- Detail oriented with ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel/Word).
- Familiarity with Adobe Design Software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Knowledge of Shotgun software, a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or moderate. In certain assignments, an employee may occasionally work near moving equipment and be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, airborne fumes and loud, prolonged noise (hearing protection required when using power tools).
$17.25/hour set rate, non-negotiable
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our Employment Disclaimer and Materials Submission Agreement.