Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm’s Fraud Investigations team sits within Risk Operations and is primarily responsible for data-driven fraud reviews that help provide information to the fraud model that is then used to better identify fraud trends and prevent future fraud losses. The Fraud Investigations team also serves as an incubation team for upcoming future new product initiatives and integration that encompasses future fraud work types.
As a company that underwrites and services loans, we work diligently to detect and prevent fraud, and we're looking for curious and driven professionals to join our team! Our Risk Operations Investigator will play a meaningful and valuable role in identifying incoming fraud attacks, providing insight on fraud trends, and handling inquiries relating to our fraud decisioning systems. Note that this will be a 6-9 month contract position starting on March 22.
What You'll Do
- Regularly review suspicious account activities, diagnose account issues, and identify links to deter fraud attacks
- Work collaboratively with Fraud Strategy, Machine Learning, Merchant Risk, Engineering, and Product to share fraud trends and provide insight on new fraud behaviors and methods
- Independently solve complex fraud scenarios and cases using data and solid judgment
- Effectively manage key projects and drive continuous improvements to our fraud procedures, processes and tools
- Navigate complex decisions that require striking the right balance between business growth and fraud mitigation objectives
- Influence development of new risk models and review procedures to mitigate fraud for new Affirm products
What We Look For
- Willingness to support operation functions on evenings, weekends and public holidays
- Passion, drive and dedication to change consumer banking for the better
- 1-3+ years of experience in fraud investigations and/or fraud operations within the tech or fintech industry. Level commensurate with experience.
- A keen eye for detecting and deterring fraud and risk behaviors
- Experience and knowledge of utilizing fraud investigative techniques and practices
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Location - Remote U.S.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position in Colorado is listed above.
Read more about what that means for this position; find the Colorado base pay range for the position and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.