Individual contributor with deep technical industry or line of business expertise responsible for the overall risk control assessment evaluation and strategic consulting services focused on mid to large commercial construction accounts. Works within the broadest limits of authority on complex risk assessment or service accounts and sought out by CNA underwriters/agents/claims for industry expertise. Manages vendor relationships and national programs. Develops technical tools and services for Risk Control including authoring articles and supporting standards for risk control and the industry.
This role can be based in Illinois with the ability to work from a home office or our office in Lisle, IL or Chicago, IL.
1. Performs workplace/work site risk evaluation and strategic consultative risk improvement services which includes national large/complex and/or special accounts.
2. Provides risk assessment information on complex accounts for specific identified segments to support the underwriting process for prospective new and renewal accounts. Submits corresponding Risk Control recommendations or business solutions to minimize identified exposures.
3. Assesses customer's risk control program needs and develops and executes a customized strategy and supporting implementation plan for further refinements or improvements.
4. Makes recommendations on the development and implementation of risk control policy marketing and business strategy to support achievement of local Branch and overall enterprise profit and growth strategies.
5. Manages develops and maintains business relationships with internal/external business partners and vendors. Manages national programs. Participates with claims management on CNA accounts.
6. Represents Risk Control at industry/association/national conferences and CNA sponsored events.
7. Develops and conducts education training and presentations.
8. Coaches and mentors Risk Control Representatives Specialists and Consultants in area of expertise to build technical depth within function.
9. Responsible for managing and completing quality reviews.
10. Identifies opportunities for and/or develop new risk control products and services.
11. Conducts agency/broker visits to build relationships discuss account or book of business issues and market CNA's products and services to support territorial business needs.
12. Responsible for special projects.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Director or above
Skills Knowledge & Abilities
1. Advanced technical and product specific expertise risk control evaluation and assessment skills and knowledge of insurance and risk control principles practices and procedures.
2. Advanced communication consulting negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
3. Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize multiple concurrent assignments.
4. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
5. Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
6. Ability to manage vendor relationships
7. Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
8. Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives.
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
10. Ability and willingness to travel extensively.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Master's degree preferred.
Typically a minimum of six years risk control experience including experience with assessments on complex accounts and the ability to conduct P&C risk assessment quality reviews.
Professional designations preferred.