Risk Control Consulting Director - Life Sciences at CNA
Recognized as an advanced technical expert in a risk control specialty. Individual contributor responsible for the overall assessment evaluation and/or delivery of risk control consulting services and technical support on the most complex risk exposures to support underwriting profit. In conjunction with senior level management works within the broadest limits of authority requiring a high degree of technical complexity and coordination. Has industry or product scope of responsibility in an assigned branch region or territory.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
Performs workplace/work site risk evaluation and consultative risk improvement services on complex and/or sophisticated accounts.
Conducts loss analysis on individual accounts or designated book of business to identify root cause trends and emerging issues and develops business solutions and products to minimize exposures with corresponding training materials to educate both internal and external customers on the issue as necessary.
Assesses customer's risk control program needs and develops and executes a customized strategy and supporting implementation plan. Manages the delivery of direct evaluative and consultative services.
Partners with underwriting claim and other areas to provide information for risk evaluation and assessment and/or sophisticated risks.
Participates with senior management in the development and implementation of risk control policy marketing and business strategy.
Develops and maintains business relationships with internal and external business partners.
Provides account coordination of risk control services for multinational and global insured accounts.
Identifies opportunities for and/or develops new products and services.
Provides expertise in specialized area such as industrial hygiene property engineering fire prevention ergonomic services.
Mentors less experienced risk control staff and other functional areas. May participate in the development and presentation of education and training programs.
Stays up to date on risk control issues and regulations industry activity and trends. May represent the company in industry trade groups.
AVP or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
1. The highest level of technical and product specific expertise risk control evaluation and assessment skills and knowledge of insurance and risk control principles practices and procedures.
2. Excellent communication negotiation marketing and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
3. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects.
4. Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
5. Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
6. Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives.
7. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
8. Ability and willingness to travel.
Education and Experience
1. Master's degree or equivalent experience. One or more professional designations preferred. 2. Typically a minimum ten of years risk control experience with proven track record of results.