Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values (the guiding principles that reflect our view on what’s important and what’s right): In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
What you get to do every day
- Manage a high volume of inbound client inquiries, over the phone and through email; chat and SMS in the near future
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external partners to solve client issues
- Identify common issues and trends, driving process improvements to solve them permanently
- Service a geographically diverse client base
- Provide best in class customer service
- Work in a fast-paced evolving startup environment
- Manage caseload and follow up with customers as required
- Help other areas of the organization when needed
- Manage performance to company set standards and adhere to a workforce management schedule
What you bring to the role
- 1+ years of experience in a client facing role - i.e. customer support or account management/call center experience, preferred but not required
- Prior 401(k) industry experience strongly preferred
- Passionate about serving clients
- Strong organizational skills; you are able to juggle multiple tasks with varying deadlines and stakeholders without dropping the ball
- Communicate with confidence, professionalism and empathy over the phone and through email
- Remain composed in high-stress situations and convey empathy for our customers and their situation
- Meticulous attention to detail - rarely making typos and noticing discrepancies
- Ability to work east coast OR west coast hours and overtime as needed
- Bilingual is a plus (Spanish or Mandarin)
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
The hourly compensation for this role is $18 - $20 per hour. This information reflects a base hourly range for this position based on current market data, and may vary by location. Exact compensation will be determined by the candidates' skills, experience, and other relevant factors. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Employees also receive 100% paid employee health, vision, and dental premiums; dependent premiums are covered at 50%.
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies.
- Monthly work from home stipend; annual wellness stipend.
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech.
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company-wide offsites.
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a Top Company by Y Combinator, we’ve raised $337M and are backed by leading investors, including TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures