Research Operations Lead at Front (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:33 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Front is a hub for customer communication that allows companies to offer tailor-made service at scale. Front looks and feels like your email inbox with a few very important differences: teammates collaborate in the same place where external messages are sent and received, and behind the scenes, robust workflows and integrations power the efficiency and insights typically found in a CRM. More than 6,500 businesses use Front to work together to send out the best replies faster, keep messages organized across channels, and always maintain a personal touch. The result is premier, personalized service that scales with your business — and a team that works together as one.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, and Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2022. We have also been recognized on Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies in 2021.
We’re looking for a Research Operations Lead to join our team in SF and provide first class support for all user experience and market research. As the founding lead of research operations at Front, you’ll drive the development of the practice at a rapidly growing startup. You’ll be expected to wear many hats: establishing Front’s first digital knowledge management system or insights repository, building and evangelizing the culture and brand of the research team, as well as working with Research Operations Coordinators to maintain oversight of all research processes and tools. You are organized, efficient, and enthusiastic about the role research plays in an organization. This role may evolve into people management.
What you'll do:
- Be astrategic operations leader —oversee the systems to manage the workflow, advise on recruitment resources, and identify new opportunities to improve the effectiveness of how we work
- Foster awareness of ongoing research, key insights, and outcomes in order to build support and enthusiasm for research throughout the organization
- Shape the culture of research and research operations as the team grows
- Develop Front’s first digital archive management system; own the strategy for how we manage research documents and reports, document processes, best practices, and any necessary templates
- Support Researchers in generate summary reports from past research to provide context and inform future research initiatives
- Work with researchers to identify team needs(process, tools, learning and development needs, etc), make recommendations for improvement, and support the planning and execution of projects
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 5 years working in technology or related fields as a UX research practitioner or operations expert.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in operations, project management, or as a producer, ideally with a UX design or UX research team
- Experience building a research repository, or working with an archives collection with digital assets or as a digital asset management professional
- Experience creating and documenting new processes, standards, and workflows
- A bias for action coupled with a sense of urgency
- A passion for process improvement and a desire to leave things better than you found them
- Comfort working with a great degree of autonomy and ambiguity in a rapidly evolving environment
- Advocacy for research insights
- Experience with SaaS, B2B, or other complex technical systems is a plus
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
More Information on Front
Front operates in the Software industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA and Chicago, IL. Front was founded in 2013. It has 400 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Volunteer in local community, Friends outside of work, Eat lunch together, Open door policy, Group brainstorming sessions and Open office floor plan. To see all 8 open jobs at Front, click here.
Read Full Job Description