Isn’t it time you did something for yourself?
We think so, too. That’s why we want you to come Be Your Own CEO at Unacast.
At Unacast, we believe that unlocking the black box of human mobility data is the key to advancing innovation. That's why we’re building the Real World Graph® to provide a truly transparent and accurate understanding of the real world.
It's literally uncharted territory, which means a sense of adventure is a must. Want to come along?*
*Unacast is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage you to apply
This role is based in North America and will report directly to the Sr. Director of Client Success. In partnership with the Sales, RevOps, and the Client Success team, you will maximize up-for-renewal dollars, identify risk, and identify expansion opportunities within a portfolio covering all products sold globally. The position is responsible for the end-to-end execution of the renewal lifecycle along with accelerating client growth and value realized. The Renewals & Growth Manager supports the Sr. Director to build, manage and advance the strategic retention model and commercial health of existing customers.
The ideal candidate for this position has a full understanding of the DaaS (Data as a Service) contracting space in the Enterprise and Mid-market segments. They will resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways while strengthening partnerships with existing clients. They are responsible for minimizing financial attrition, locking in favorable terms with our clients, identifying growth opportunities, and providing insights to the business that improve future outcomes.
- Ownership and accountability -- and quota for -- renewals & expansion (upsell)
- Maintain a high retention rate and ensure on-time renewals
- Consistently meet and exceed core metrics such as forecast accuracy, GRR, NRR, upsell, churn, and contraction
- Think bigger picture and not only close negotiations, but also expand account opportunities via cross-selling and up-selling Unacast data sets
- Identify customer risk and opportunities; develop comprehensive strategies to combat and/or limit risk
- Track and manage renewal and upsell forecast weekly
- Leverage the MEDDPICC methodology to assess the health of each renewal
- Manage, foster, and grow relationships at the executive level with high visibility, key clients
- Collaborate across functions- such as sales, RevOps, and CSM- to deliver seamless experiences for clients and drive business outcomes
- Maintain and improve a successful and positive work environment anchored in our guiding values (see below) and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Minimum 5 years account sales experience in DaaS
- Demonstrated track record of account management and renewals success, preferably working with clients ranging from a diverse client set from SMB through Fortune 500 companies
- Demonstrated success in managing large account relationships and developing new account opportunities
- Experience owning global DaaS pipeline forecasting in Client Success or Sales - grasp of the complexity of forecasting in a renewals/retention recurring revenue business
- Proven executive presence and resolve, as well as strong communication skills, ability to articulate and sell a vision internally and externally
- Ability to demonstrate a strategic mindset to enable persuasive value conversations with clients at an executive level
- Experience navigating a wide range of contracts and legal discussions
- Experience driving cross-functional collaboration between Sales, RevOps, and Client Success
- Strong process management, financial acumen, and contractual negotiation skills
- You have a high-energy, team-first attitude and you are motivated to work in an ever-changing environment and evolving role.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Health insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks parental leave (for fathers/mothers)
- Subsidized gym
- A flat team-based structure with ambitious and diverse colleagues from all over the world
- Great opportunities for personal and professional development
- Free socks! (We have a no-shoes policy in our offices)
- We are fully remote, we meet quarterly to talk business and have some fun!
Who is Unacast?
Verified, actionable data facilitates fundamental insights in industries such as research, retail, real-estate, finance, advertising technology, city planning, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Location data is a key component, the core intelligence, that creates value for the players in these industries.
To help understand the impact of COVID-19, we have released many public dashboards and datasets to better act on both the health crisis and the economic crisis.
Unacast is a leader in transparent, contextualized location data. Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world through The Real World Graph®, designing products that merge multiple types of data on human mobility to empower companies and individuals alike to make smarter decisions.
Unacast is a fast-growing Nordic company based on Nordic values with offices in Oslo and NYC. We were recently named "The #1 Small Company To Work At In NYC" and have been featured everywhere from Techcrunch to Forbes. We were named as one of 50 NYC Startups To Watch in 2019, and our co-founders were named to The Nordic 100. We were also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Inc. Magazine called us “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We have strong revenue growth and have in the last three years raised over $50m in venture funding to fuel global expansion into new verticals and geographies.
Our company values are deeply embedded into everything we are and everything we do:
Be your own CEO: Everyone at Unacast can and is expected to take charge of their own situation, and make sure the company as a whole moves forward. Waiting for some feedback? Go get it! Want something done? Do it!
Trust through transparency: Dare to be vulnerable and show ourselves and the world who we really are. The trust we build through transparency will help to lift us all higher than we can rise alone.
Have fun, seriously: Create an unexpected moment that surprises and delights team members and partners. Everyone needs fun in their life, especially while doing something important.
Read more about our company and culture at https://careers.unacast.com/