Headway’s mission is a big one - to build a new mental health care system everyone can access. We’ve built technology that helps people find great therapists with the first software-enabled national network of providers accepting insurance.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of providers don’t accept insurance, making therapy too expensive for most people. Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access by making it easy for therapists to take insurance and scale their practice.
Headway was founded in 2019 – since then, we’ve grown into a diverse, national network of over 25,000 mental healthcare providers across all 50 states who run their practice on our software. We’re a Series C company powering 500k+ appointments per month with over $225m in funding from a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), Accel, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Thrive Capital, and Health Care Service Corporation.
We want your time here to be the most meaningful experience of your career. Join us, and help change mental healthcare for the better.
Are you a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP-BC) in New York looking to launch a private practice, or grow your existing practice?
Headway supports thousands of mental health clinicians across the United States in our mission to rewire the mental healthcare system for access and affordability. We equip mental health practitioners with the tools and resources they need to run a flourishing private practice.
Psychiatric care practitioners use Headway in a number of ways, ranging from conducting psychotherapy sessions with patients to providing and overseeing medication management. Whether you're new to private practice or already have an established practice of your own, we’re excited to support you in reaching your goals!
By joining the Headway community, we’ll help you:
- Accept insurance hassle-free by credentialing you with the nation’s largest networks and handling the billing and admin paperwork for you.
- Maintain a flexible schedule by deciding how many clients you see through Headway, so that you can set the hours that work for you.
- Grow your caseload by providing marketing support and patient referrals.
We’ll also support your patients by:
- Providing customized support to clinicians and patients in order to streamline the process of both seeking and providing care.
- Verifying client insurance benefits instantly and automatically, so that access to care is never delayed, and you can see your patients with confidence.
And we do this all without additional fees! Headways is a flexible service, meaning your hours are yours to set, and it’s up to you whether you see your patients in-person or remotely via telehealth while working from home.
Ready to get started?
To join Headway’s growing community, you have:
- Licensure: You’re a fully licensed, ANCC board-certified psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP-BC) in New York
- NPI Number and Malpractice Insurance: We can point you in the right direction if you don’t have those yet!
- DEA: You have a DEA number, or you’re open to acquiring one.
- Collaborative Agreement: You have a valid collaborative agreement with a supervising physician, or you’re open to acquiring one.
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected]
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and (coming soon!) San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.