Remittance Processing Associate I - Full Time ($1,000 Sign On Bonus) at FIS (East Bay)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing:
Responsible for processing customer payments and exceptions in a timely and accurate manner to customer accounts
- Prepares customer payments for processing.
- 10 key data entry of account number, invoice numbers, amounts, etc.
- Performs research and adjustment activities.
- Balanced credits and debits within transactions.
- Preforms MICR line repair.
- Performs under deadlines and in a team environment.
- Other related duties assigned as needed
Full-Time -working40 hrs./week
Monday - Friday6:30 am - 3:00 pm
(or until work is complete with the opportunity for overtime + Saturdays Occasionally)
What you bring:
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Capacity to lift or move up to 20 pounds.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills in dealing with employees or external customers/clients.
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures, and problem-solving techniques required to verify and distribute computer output.
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures, and problem-solving techniques required to process client transactions and produce output through computer operations.
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures, and problem-solving techniques involved in item processing.
- Knowledge of client specifications for remittance processing.
- Knowledge of off-line and peripheral equipment operation and maintenance.
- Knowledge to identify errors in calculations and balances.
Added bonus if you have:
- General knowledge of Remittance is a plus
- Banking experience is a plus
- Data Entry experience is a plus
- Payments processing experience (especially check handling) is a plus
What we offer you:
- A competitive salary and benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A broad range of professional education and personal development opportunities - FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.