Remarketing Specialist at Octane (Dallas, TX)
Octane is a Fintech company whose mission is to connect people with their passions. The transaction process for large purchases such as powersports, RVs, boats, and home improvements is slow and frustrating, but Octane is changing that through automated underwriting, innovative credit products, and financing through our in-house lender Roadrunner Financial. Octane reaches millions of enthusiasts through editorial brands like Cycle World and Cycle Volta and helps consumers buy their favorite products with instant, frictionless financing on Octane.co. Octane is revolutionizing lending in under-served verticals that account for tens of billions of dollars in annual transactions.
Octane is gaining traction quickly with customers, as evidenced by growth in originations through our platform of more than $1B since inception. Octane works with more than 3,500 merchants in the USA and offers promotional financing with low rates for more than 40 OEM brands. Because we’re the platform and the lender, we have both high growth and positive unit economics - rare for a fintech. We have raised more than $192M in capital from leading investors, including Valar Ventures, IA Ventures, Contour Venture Partners, Third Prime, Progressive Insurance and Citi Ventures and our lending securities are rated AA by Standard & Poor’s.
We are currently seeking a qualified Remarketing Specialist to work in our Irving Servicing Center. The Remarketing Specialist will be responsible for performing administrative duties related to the remarketing of repossessions and lease returned units. The specialist will prepare and manage the Remarketing inventory from end-to-end processes including account set-up and charge-off (if applicable), customer correspondence, transportation and inspection logistics, title coordination, valuations, online and physical auction sales, application of auction proceeds, and other duties as assigned. The purpose of this position is to efficiently track and manage the inventory throughout the Remarketing processes.
Specifically, you will:
- Minimize net credit losses by efficiently managing Remarketing inventory and maximizing returns from auction sale proceeds
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with the company’s competencies, compliance, regulatory and information protection requirements
- Communicate effectively and regularly via written and verbal communication for the follow-up in the Remarketing processes
- Work with suppliers and management to implement processes and efficiencies
- Perform data entry throughout the Remarketing process and ensure all documentation is maintained in an organized and secure manner
- Review condition reports, historical sale data, and NADA information to determine adequate sale prices and potential repairs to increase sale values
- Administer title processes and follow-up as needed, including obtaining repossession titles
- Field inbound and outbound communication and answer questions as needed
- Create and send post-repossession and lease-return correspondence
- Ensure that all internal and external stakeholders receive prompt, efficient, courteous, and professional service, including follow through to resolution
- Maintain superior relationships with our dealership partners, suppliers, and customers
- Complete regular and ad-hoc reporting around the Remarketing processes
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years of experience in financial services or similar industry, specific to Remarketing a plus
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in business or related may be used as proxy for experience
- Ability to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Basic understanding of finance/lending; experience in Remarketing inventory management a plus
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure and continue to complete daily or regular tasks consistently
- Able to work a flexible schedule which may include overtime, as needed
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Must be detail oriented and have a strong ability to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision) for you and your dependents
- Paid Holidays and Vacation: 20 days PTO plus paid company holidays
- Retirement Plan (401K with non-elective company contribution AND match)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Life and Accidental Death insurance
- Robust Ancillary benefits including accident insurance, hospital insurance, etc
- Getting in on the ground floor, opportunity for professional growth, career progression
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.