Relationship Specialist I - Julington Creek at VyStar Credit Union (Jacksonville, FL)
At VyStar, we offer competitive pay, an excellent benefit package that includes a 401(k) Plan, an extensive paid technical and on-the-job training program, and tuition reimbursement--available to all full and part time employees. Part time positions start at a minimum of 30 hours per week.
We encourage you to become a part of VyStar Credit Union's family of employees.
Relationship Specialist I - Julington Creek
ACCOUNTABILITY STATEMENT The Relationship Specialist I's responsibility is to provide an exceptional member experience and to grow new consumer and business memberships as well as deposit, loan and investment balances along with insurance and other protection products in alignment with the strategic plans of the credit union. This key relationship building position must be able to precisely describe VyStar Credit Union's value proposition versus competitors and convey the importance of educating and proactively helping members with their financial goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to effectively have quality conversations with members and potential members, ask questions, listen carefully and make the appropriate product and service recommendations. Present products and services in a positive, professional and knowledgeable manner, so members can make informed and best decisions.
- Uses each member interaction to strengthen and enhance the member experience through continued quality conversations and relationship building.
- Performs and documents transactions in accordance with applicable federal, state and local statutes and regulations. Abides by VyStar policies and procedures.
- Provides regulatory disclosures and information on new and other specific types of accounts, products, services and referrals
- Opens various types of accounts, including but not limited to: checking and savings (personal and business), money market, certificates of deposit, trust and IRA accounts. Verifies personal identification to prevent fraudulent activity.
- Responsible for handling personal and business account transactions, including but not limited to deposits, transfers, withdrawals, credit card cash advances, etc.
- Processes various types of loan applications, including but not limited to Auto VIPs, credit cards and lines of credit. Ability to effectively offer more complex loan products.
- Has a basic understanding of credit reports and ability to have quality lending conversations with members.
- Provides additional services to members including but not limited to: notary service, wire transfers, savings bond redemptions, safe deposit box services, gift cards, fraud and forgery claims, credit and debit card disputes, etc.
- Ensures the success of other key departments through referrals, including but not limited to Mortgage, Business Services, Insurance, and Investment Services.
- Exercises great judgment and discretion within well-defined limits and works with relative independence to accomplish tasks.
- Performs routine account maintenance and changes to names, addresses, telephone numbers, and issuing or reordering debit, credit or replacement ATM cards.
- Performs other duties as assigned in assisting the branch with daily business such as: balancing of the ATMs, branch opening and/or closing, locating teller outages, etc.
- Resolves member problems independently and escalates more complex concerns.
- Responsible for check proofing, validating checks received each day, and remain compliant with all VyStar procedures for check holds.
- Works cooperatively in a team environment and ability to balance between individual and team responsibilities and key business priorities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 1+ years' experience in a sales and/or customer service position, asking questions, offering recommendations and making referrals is required, preferably with a financial institution.
- Ability to process accurate transactions and requests.
- Must possess and utilize excellent listening skills, verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient in the use of the Internet and Microsoft Office.
- Must have an outgoing personality and a strong desire to help people.
- Must be professional in appearance and attitude.
- Must be able to handle many tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess strong critical thinking and decision-making abilities.
- Associates degree is preferred.
- Comparable experience in a sales and/or customer service position may be substituted for an associate degree.
DISCLAIMERS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Nothing in this position description is an implied contract for employment. The position description is intended to be an accurate account of the essential functions. The functions are not all encompassing and are subject to change at any time by management.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As required or requested, may exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.