Relationship Manager at F&G (Des Moines, IA)
The Relationship Manager will serve as the primary liaison between F&G Operations and back offices of mid-tier bank/broker dealer channel for our annuity line of business. This role will also be accountable for high service standards with our distributor firms and advisors by adhering to service resolution time, establishing and enhancing advisor loyalty, and improving overall customer satisfaction. Based on distributor feedback and service recovery issues, this position will collaborate with Manager, Relationship Management to recognize trends, discuss solutions to systemic issues and procedural improvements and communicate potential changes to distributors. This position reports to the Manager, Relationship Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains a strong strategic relationship both internally at F&G as well as externally within the industry.
- Acts as the primary point of escalation for operational issues raised to and from the back offices of our distribution partners. Through collaborative efforts on the Relationship Management (RM) team, provide proactive and regular communication of changes to policies and procedures, project initiatives, and performance metrics.
- Helps communicate the need for operational improvements, and collaborates with the RM team based on feedback from our distribution partners and internal feedback from the F&G's Operations teams & other internal departments/customers.
- Understands the operational needs of key distributors and communicates their views within the RM team.
- Escalates service issues efficiently, communicate resolution on issues, and take actions toward service recovery.
- Accountable to drive positive impact toward low effort, high satisfaction service for our customers.
- Adheres to Operations Relationship Management strategy in alignment with F&G strategic priorities.
- Travel possible (up to 10%)
Experience and Education Requirements
- AA or BA degree preferred. Relevant experience considered in lieu of degree.
- 3-5 years of financial service experience or life insurance, annuity, retirement plans
- 2 to 3 years of customer service/relationship building experience
- Proficient understanding of the annuity broker-dealer operations, and experience serving distributing intermediaries preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Team player and excellent collaborator with internal and external partners and works effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and facilitate agreement on priorities when necessary.
- Ability to establish and influence business relationships.
- Ability to work on teams, and independently, in a fast-paced environment.
- Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and intense focus on results, acting in the best interest of the client.
- Displays passion, commitment and drive to deliver an experience that improves our clients' experience with F&G.
- Communicates effectively and confidently, verbal and written, and is comfortable engaging distributors.
- Has the ability to learn and adapt to new information and technology platforms.
- Applies strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to meet clients' needs.
F&G believes in an employee-centric flexible environment, which is why we offer the ability for in-office, hybrid and remote work arrangements. During the hiring process, you'll work with your leader to decide what works best for your role.
Join our employee-centric hybrid work environment: fglife.com/about/culture.html
Since 1959, Fidelity & Guaranty Life Insurance Company (F&G) has offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking security in retirement and protection during life’s unexpected events.
As an Iowa Top Workplace1 and a proud equal opportunity employer, F&G employees are empowered, collaborative, dynamic and authentic. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while continuing to be a great place to work.
1Des Moines Register Top Workplaces 2018-2021.