Regulatory Policy Specialist at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
This role is designed for early career candidates looking to learn, grow and build a compelling portfolio of work focusing on the regulatory environments for stablecoins (and digital assets more broadly) in the United States and internationally. As a Regulatory Policy Specialist, you will be responsible for researching key issues and policy relating to digital assets, researching and writing responses to requests for information, tracking ongoing regulatory and Congressional issues, and participating in strategic planning for the domestic and international regulatory and policy spaces. You will also help to build and operationalize processes for the growing policy team, track meetings and coordinate with our internal and external partners to help inform our global policy engagements and strategy. This role will report to the Director for Global Policy and Regulatory Strategy.
What you'll work on:
- Providing decision support to key executives shaping global strategy, policy, regulatory and strategic issue response
- Aggregating, synthesizing and analyzing multiple data and information sources on an ongoing basis, providing strategic recommendations based on this information, and assisting with the deployment of that information
- Issuing regular quantitative and qualitative market intelligence reporting that helps to shape company responses
- Contributing to the weekly update on Policy and Trends impacting our business
- Policy research and insights
- Formulating and implementing internal policies, procedures and frameworks on policymaker stakeholder engagement (internal and external)
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy or a related field
- Internship experience or relevant work-study experience in a policy environment
- Effective analytical, quantitative and qualitative skills, including primary and secondary research, market intelligence and other methods
- Outstanding writing and verbal communication skills
- Appetite for learning, growth and career development
- Get-it-done attitude with ability to pivot fast, go with the flow and take on new challenges
- A foundational understanding of crypto currency, finance, banking, and/or economics
- A deep interest in crypto and blockchain infrastructure
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote