Regulatory Compliance Manager at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As part of the Compliance Programs team, you will help to create a central global function focused on developing a best in class compliance management system, which will support all regional and core compliance team functions. This team is responsible for compliance risk management through a combination of development, assessment and oversight of key compliance programs throughout Circle.
Specifically, as a key second line of defense role, you will be responsible for supporting the strategy, development and implementation of Circle’s regulatory compliance program. You will review changes to applicable rules, regulations and laws and assess the impact to the existing and/or new products and services offered as well as the control inventory. You will effectively communicate the assessment with the applicable stakeholders (e.g., Legal, Product Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management, etc.) and provide strategic insight to help move forward with the businesses goals and objectives.
What you'll work on:
- Develop and maintain the Regulatory Compliance Program and assist with the coordination and development of a centralized application that tracks changes to applicable rules, laws, regulations in various jurisdictions.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to document Circle’s current compliance control inventory, assess the underlying taxonomy, ownership structure, and appropriateness, and assure alignment with the Enterprise Standard.
- Work cross-functionally to effectuate a regulatory control inventory and change management program that are scalable in both the short and long-term.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and work closely with internal stakeholders as well as third party vendors ensuring the appropriate regulatory inventory applicable to the products and services and jurisdictions are appropriately cataloged.
- Develop metrics to coordinate, execute and track key deliverables, to drive a sustainable and holistic regulatory change management process and create ongoing monitoring for areas that may require enhancements to processes and/or relevant systems.
- Support the governance process by preparing deliverables required to ensure the appropriate visibility for the periodic Compliance Governance Committee meetings, including tracking of outstanding issues related to the Regulatory Compliance Program.
- To the extent possible, stay informed of pending changes to proposed laws or regulations and identify opportunities to work with Legal to further understand the impact, if any, to Circle.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on regulatory changes and industry landscape.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 7+ years relevant experience in compliance, regulatory or related discipline.
- 1+ year managing a team.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment, with a heavy focus on compliance in a RegTech or Fintech company preferred.
- Advanced knowledge in a specific area of the regulatory environment and potential changes that emerge from various regulations, laws or statutes and their governing bodies.
- Experience with the design and implementation of effective compliance program analytics from a risk perspective.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, take initiative and work independently in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Effectively articulate complex changes, issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management in a clear concise manner.
- Strategic, analytical, communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are critical, as is a strong work ethic, commitment to being a team player, and an aptitude to learn quickly in an ever changing environment.
- Adept ability to investigate, analyze, and interpret data and working knowledge of the regulatory implications, as applicable.
- Advanced knowledge in a specific area of the regulatory environment and potential changes that emerge from various regulations, laws or statutes and their governing bodies, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC), Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), Financial Action Task Force (FATF), Wolfsberg Group, Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC), Her Majesty Treasury (HMT).
- Demonstrated understanding of and passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote