This is a remote position.
Position starts May 16, 2022.
Must be able to work any shifts that fall between the hours of 7:00 am-7:00 pm CST Monday-Friday.
- Process and obtain resolution of routine inquiries received by mail, e-mail, telephone, and/or internet/web contact within established guidelines
- Escalate more complex inquiries to Team Lead and/or Manager
- Track and document activity/notes in appropriate system
- Focus on achieving quality standards set for the Contact Center while striving to improve overall Customer Experience
- When necessary, follow up on customer inquiries to ensure completion and accuracy
- Complete Series 6 and 63 and become a registered representative within stipulated timeframe
- Life & Health Licensing
- Maintain any required FINRA registration and any required insurance agent or producer license in the state or states in which you are appointed
- Two years of college or equivalent business experience
- Prior contact center or customer service experience
- Sedentary work environment; be able to sit 100% of the shift
- Available to work between 7:00 am through 7:00 pm and some Saturdays. Consistent attendance behavior is vital to the success of the position
- A quality internet connection is required to ensure a consistent audio quality is maintained for the customers and minimize potential negative impacts from weather or conflicting signals.
- An Internet Speed test must be run to verify an internet speed of at least 10mb/s download 1mb/s upload.
- Employee must have a private, organized location removed from daily household distractions. The employee is expected to maintain a professional working environment by controlling any outside distractions such as barking dogs, slamming doors, and interruptions by family members. Prospective employees are encouraged to discuss expectations of working from home with family members prior to entering into the WFH agreement
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice