Regional Workplace Manager, EMEA/APAC at Reddit
Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 52 million daily active uniques, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Experience Team at Reddit builds and provides inclusive, intentional interactions and workplace design. Our team works together to create opportunities with inclusion and thoughtfulness top of mind, from our workplaces to moments of connection. Everything we build is rooted in supporting our employees (we call them Snoos) by providing opportunities for them to do their best work through innovative workplaces and engagements.
This role will work with the rest of the Places arm of the Experience team to oversee and primarily support in the rapid expansion of the EMEA and APAC markets. This includes overseeing the total package of workplace (from physical location operations to the build-outs, retrofittings, employee resources, building sustainable workplace practices, and much, much more) that collectively makes our Snoos’ time at Reddit a first-rate employee experience every bit as vibrant as the platform we support.
Our Reddit offices are currently closed and will reopen when it is safe to do so. However, given the requirements of this position, the role will require some level of in person attendance at the office on a regular basis. This will be pre-determined with leadership.
- Create an inclusive, sustainable, and dynamic workplace for the employees in the offices you support
- Approach workplace operations strategy from a lens that will eye towards clarity, diversity, international audiences, & accessibility
- Oversee the workplace operations, strategic development, execution, and budgets for the offices in the international region for Reddit
- Support global expansion of our real estate portfolio and co-working offices by partnering with our Global Real Estate team as needed
- Support international customization of workplace programs, including employee perks such as meals, snacks and ad hoc events or engagements
- Responsible for creation of new workplace processes and management of the correct implementation
- Oversee compliance with all health and safety legislation in the offices you support
- Oversee and maintain relationships with landlords, vendors (janitorial, security, reception, indoor plants, etc.) and internal partners such as IT, HR, and local leadership
- Maintain accurate sets of floor plans and seating charts in the offices you support
- Oversee room and desk scheduling through our booking platforms
- Oversee a growing team of Workplace Coordinators (2+) in the offices you support
- Maintain and update office documents as needed and ensure items are securely kept, current and accurate - this includes our Reddit Wiki page, expense reports, security policies, etc.
- Position will also include various ad-hoc projects and administrative tasks required to support the business and International Places team throughout the year
- Minimum of four years of office coordination, administrative support or similar role; experience within a technology or startup environment strongly preferred
- Minimum of three years previous experience as a People Leader
- Previous experience working across a variety of timezones, cultures, and markets
- A creative approach to your work balanced by a love of operational efficiency, with proven ability to juggle multiple projects and ambiguity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate under tight deadlines and time pressure
- Ability to solve problems and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding
- Google Suite experience such as Google Slides, Sheets, and Docs
- The ability to attend work at the physical office on a regular basis during office closures, and longer term on a consistent basis once our offices reopen
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].